When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
*Position level (Analyst or Senior Analyst) will depend on candidate qualifications and experience.
As an Analyst or Senior Analyst with Hines, you will support two areas of the New York office's business: (1) multifamily project execution/management for a project currently under construction and (2) industrial new business. You will provide research and analytical support associated both the multifamily and industrial efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform financial analysis of development opportunities (as well as some acquisitions) via development budgets, financial modeling, analysis of cash flows, and application of valuation methods using a combination of Argus and Excel software
- Assist in the financing and due diligence processes associated with land or building acquisitions by performing document control, reading site reports and lease abstracts, verifying projections or other duties as assigned
- Participate in the asset management of existing development projects including participation in design meetings, interfacing with sellers and capital partners, pulling market research, executing lease or sales analysis, and administrating investor requirements
- Source, maintain and update sales and lease comparable databases
- Perform market research and analyze business proposals to support leasing strategies and decisions as well as the underwriting of acquisition and development opportunities
- Prepare presentation materials and proposals with responsibility for written and graphic requirements
- Participate in the management of development projects including feasibility analysis, entitlement processes, financing, design, contracting, and construction management
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- One or more years related experience in real estate or in a financial analysis role
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software with advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Proficiency in Argus Enterprise or Argus DCF real estate modeling software preferred
- Understand and can communicate in the vocabulary of real estate acquisitions, developments and real estate finance
- Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to handle very stressful, high pressured atmosphere.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 205 cities in 24 countries. Hines has approximately $133.3 billion* of assets under management, including $71 billion for which Hines serves as an investment manager, including non-real estate assets, and $62.3 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 165 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,393 properties, totaling over 459 million square feet. The firm's current property and asset management portfolio includes 539 properties, representing over 232 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. *AUM includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
1+ to 2 years