The Development Manager has overall project responsibility for the planning, design, development and construction of assigned projects. They are responsible for all aspects of horizontal and vertical condominium, townhome and/or amenity development while adhering to budgets, working with sales and marketing, maintaining construction schedule, closing out punch list items and achieving an exceptional level of customer satisfaction. They are also responsible for managing the general contractor during the construction process from start to finish.
- Ensure the delivery of the project in accordance with the construction schedule and established closing dates.
- Ensure that pertinent development information is provided to each team member in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the financial success and bottom-line of assigned projects
- Support and implement company systems and policies that enable the project team, (lodging operations, senior management, finance, development, construction, marketing, sales, commercial, consultants and support) to work efficiently and effectively.
- Lead the design development of each project from SDs-CDS
- Review and “sign-off” on the final construction documents and bid sets.
- Provide input and coordinate materials for the Pre-Sales Program.
- Communicate with all designated parties regarding the status of scheduled closings and walk-throughs.
- Coordination with the sales, designer and development teams to ensure options can be selected, ordered and installed without adversely impacting the construction schedule.
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding ways to improve the construction process as well as value engineering potential savings.
- Maintain good customer relations by communicating with the sales, design and development teams to answer questions and provide construction updates.
- Maintain a courteous, professional demeanor in all dealings with customers.
- Concurrently with the general contractor, inspect all material deliveries to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Provide feedback regarding the selection and quality of trade contractors and suppliers.
- Provide an on-going evaluation of the options selected for each project and their impact on both the construction schedule and customer satisfaction.
- Inspect all contractor work and supplier deliveries prior to approving invoices for payment.
- Deliver all projects within the established budget and report to senior management during monthly proforma calls.
- Identify and propose methods of reducing building costs, cycle times and general inefficiencies.
- Maintain updated knowledge of all plans and specifications.
- Maintain records of all changes in the community, such as change orders and/or purchase orders.
- Ensure the project is achieving the approved returns and profit to meet the Proforma requirements.
- Prepare, schedule and conduct all phases of project inspections with various municipalities.
Experience & Attributes
- A minimum of 4 years real estate finance or development experience working on high-end residential, hospitality, or similar projects preferred.
- University/College degree and/or training in architecture, engineering, land planning, finance, construction or related field.
- Specific experience with real resort developments would be an asset. Core strengths in resort residential, hotel, commercial and/or retail development would be a strong asset.
- Ability to take direction and implement the development program in accordance with the project requirements.
- Ensures decisions are made in a timely matter with input from team and stakeholders.
- Effectively resolve conflict with variety of stakeholders in a manner that is consistent with our core values and ensures strong working relationships in the future.
- Proven success and passion for building and sustaining strong relationships with team members, partners, consultants, community stakeholders, and government authorities.
- Ability to formally present and explain detailed project plans to stakeholders.
- Excellent comprehension of the financial aspects of a project.
- Plan reading and basic understanding of building planning and building component are required.
Replay Destinations is a fully integrated destination development company headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and operating in the continental United States, Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Replay’s team of strategists, planners, designers, builders, and operators develop and operate authentic and enduring places that become must-visit destinations for guests and potential real estate purchasers alike. Working with visionary private equity firms, landowners, municipalities, other developers, and families with legacy holdings, Replay creates places that the marketplace thinks of first and likes best, which in turn enhances the market awareness and economics of the destination. The founder and partners of Replay are select former key senior executives from Intrawest Corporation, which was the largest publicly listed four-season resort developer in the world, with more than 18 destination resorts globally. Intrawest Corporation was sold to private interests in 2006 and Replay was established in 2007.
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job