Asset Management Associate – Position Description
Company Background: ExchangeRight provides real estate investments that are structured to provide long-term, stable income and asset preservation to accredited 1031, 1033, and 721 exchange investors. Our goal is to consistently deliver diversified tax-deferred exchangeable portfolios of long-term, net-leased properties backed by investment grade corporations. We target corporate tenants that successfully operate in the necessity retail and healthcare industries to provide investors with stable and predictable income.
ExchangeRight’s long-term exit strategy is to provide greater diversification and value to investors by combining multiple portfolios of investment grade, net-leased assets into a REIT to execute a public market sale, merger, IPO or listing. We currently have over $3.4+ billion in assets under management and are on pace to add over $600 million in additional assets under management each year. Our portfolio of more than 800 properties is diversified across 40 states. ExchangeRight and its affiliate Telos Capital strategically invests primarily in real estate projects throughout the United States targeting value-add and opportunistic returns for investors.
Additional information on ExchangeRight can be found at:
Description of the Position:
The Asset Management Associate will join a fast-growing team providing effective and timely management and oversight of over $3 billion of net-leased necessity-based retail and healthcare property on behalf of management and investors. ExchangeRight Real Estate and Telos Capital, with properties in 40 states, require a motivated, organized team player interested in expanding their real estate asset management skill and knowledge via practical application of sound techniques under supervision from experienced retail real estate professionals. The candidate will be familiar with financial concepts such as cash flow forecasting, components of Net Operating Income, and commercial property operations. Attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a self-starting approach to each day are pre-requisites for the candidate.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Under the direction of the Portfolio Manager, perform strategic asset management of multiple portfolios of retail properties including multiple grocery-anchored neighborhood centers and hundreds of standalone units
- Provide financial analysis and consolidation of reports produced by third-party property managers
- Assist with tenant and lender responses, lease negotiation, capital and operational budgeting, and deal underwriting
- Assess vendor performance and recommend adjustments to scope or provider when necessary
- Monitor performance of business plans to ensure company’s strategic objectives are met
- Understand and monitor multiple market demographics and prevailing economic terms (rent, leasing commissions, capital expectations)
- Participate in calls with local property management companies to relay pertinent information to department head, highlight items requiring immediate attention, make recommendations on courses of action
- Assist in preparation of analyses to make decisions which impact investor cash flow
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required
- Support the Portfolio Manager in meeting company objectives
· Two years of experience with the management of commercial real estate, either at the property or portfolio level
· Bachelors’ degree
· Financial acumen, understanding of cash flow analysis, performance metrics
· Strong sense of motivation, commitment to meeting company and team objectives
· Willingness to take direction from multiple people in the department and possibly from other departments as well and assist with any task senior management prioritizes
· Excel experience required, Yardi experience a plus
What’s in it for you?
· Fast-paced, growing real estate company with natural career progression and access to executive management team
· Competitive compensation commensurate with experience with a bonus structure tied to performance and results
· $470/month employee covered medical benefits plus 50% coverage of the balance if any
· Paid time off (15 days per year for the first two years, 20 days from years 3 – 5-, and 25-days beginning year 6)
· Profit sharing and cash balance plan following 1 year of service. Both plans are 100% company funded and have vesting requirements.
ExchangeRight’s passion is to empower people to be secure, free, and generous. We seek to accomplish this by putting others first and we use the acronym, “FIRST” to identity how we will work together to reach this goal. These core values set the tone for the culture we nurture in the office. We apply these principles when evaluating performance and we expect all team members to be in alignment with these expectations:
We are faithfully committed to achieve the best outcome for those whom we serve.
We do what is right and we steward investors’ wealth the same way we do our own.
We take proactive personal ownership in everything we do.
We serve our clients, each other, and our community with humility and generosity.
We relentlessly go above and beyond approaching our work with healthy sense of urgency.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job