About Citymark Capital:
Citymark Capital is a privately held, Cleveland-based real estate investment firm. Citymark Capital specializes in investments in multi-family value-add acquisition projects in top US markets.
Citymark Capital is seeking a Director of Real Estate Investments with a minimum of seven to ten years of experience. The selected candidate will identify, analyze, structure and close real estate investment acquisitions in partnership with institutional real estate apartment operating companies from Citymark Capital’s vast national network. The source of capital for these investments are the discretionary funds managed by Citymark Capital and co-investment capital from other third-party investors. Specifically, for each potential investment opportunity, the Director of Real Estate Investments will determine the fit with Citymark funds investment criteria by modeling cashflows, evaluating economic, market and demographic data and preparing internal presentation materials to present to senior leadership/Investment Committee. The Director of Real Estate Investments will work along with the group’s leadership to gain experience in negotiating, influencing decisions and execution of the real estate strategy. Along with strong written and verbal communication skills, the Director of Real Estate Investments must display excellent interpersonal and analytical skills that foster strong relationships with colleagues, external partners, clients and investors.
This position, located in Cleveland, is a unique opportunity for a high energy individual to join an established, growing real estate private equity platform.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated and an effective relationship builder. The candidate must also have a strong work ethic, commitment to success and represent Citymark with dependable professionalism.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Source and execute equity transactions from $10mm - $30mm+ (equity) with selective focus on larger, strategic transactions with high-quality real estate operators in the top 50 U.S. markets
- Prepare underwriting models and conduct market research for potential acquisition opportunities that fit with Citymark’s funds and third-party co-investors
- Prepare investment approval documents for presentation to the Investment Committee
- Focus on individual assets, portfolios, development, programmatic JVs and recapitalizations
- Process existing robust Citymark Capital investment opportunities and build a pipeline of new prospective deal flow with new and existing client relationships
- Demonstrate ability and desire to win business and execute transactions consistent with Citymark’s risk parameters, which generate returns at or above investor expectations
- Create and negotiate legal contracts such as term sheets, commitment letters, partnership agreements and associated documents.
- Interact with clients to obtain necessary documentation and appropriately manage the closing process with a variety of capital sources
- Support investor due diligence requests and inquiries
- Work closely with team members, senior management, partners and investors
- Work closely with the Asset Management team throughout the investment process and facilitate a smooth transition post-closing
- Collaborate with teammates to help build business in an energizing and dynamic environment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum seven to ten years of experience in the real estate capital markets industry, preferably in the private equity commercial real estate sector
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Economics, Pre-Law or related field. MBA preferred
- Strong analytical, underwriting and financial modeling skill set and deep understanding of real estate fundamentals including acquisitions, development projects and joint venture structuring
- Ability to make sound investment recommendations based on underwriting and due diligence
- Proven track record of developing and securing new business independently
- Excellent sales, verbal, research, and written communication and presentation skills are required
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously under tight deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of alternative investment strategies (i.e. private equity, private credit, and private real estate)
- Detail oriented, balanced with the ability to understand overarching strategic priorities.
- Client relationship management software skills a plus
Citymark Capital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Citymark Capital is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
Chosen candidate may be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, to the extent permitted by law.
- Financial Analysis
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job