This person will primarily support the asset managers on all analytic, operational, and strategic aspects of their business. This will include quarterly valuations, lease analysis, hold /sell recommendations, property level budgets and business plans, work with third party vendors, capital expenditures, dispositions and new acquisitions due diligence assistance, etc.
This person’s key responsibilities will be as follows:
• This person will support the asset managers with analytic support including lease analysis, hold/sell models, JV waterfall calculations, quarterly valuations etc. They will support the performance of due diligence, including gathering and maintaining market statistics and coordinating the work of external consultants and appraisers.
• Support the asset managers on the timely completion and/or review of accurate quarterly and annual property valuation analysis.
• Participate in property level conference calls with asset manager, third party property managers and leasing agents.
• Review monthly financial and operational reports from property managers and/or JV partners.
• Process monthly capital funding requests and perform quarterly capital reconciliation with accounting and portfolio management.
• Assist in preparation and completion of Lease summary and required approval process.
• This person will also help prepare investment committee memorandums.
• Prepare and review property level financial investment valuation and performance models using Argus Enterprise and Excel based on information provided from various sources including acquisition officers, asset managers, outside brokers, appraisers and other service providers.
• Maintain current real estate market data for areas under investment consideration, in addition to existing asset markets.
• Manage external sources of data (brokers, appraisers, etc.) in target markets.
• Assist asset managers with various valuation projects including quarterly and annual internal property valuations, hold/sell analysis, and lease analyses.
• Attend networking, industry and market functions.
• Train others in the use of Excel and Argus valuation software as necessary.
• Limited travel requirements to East Coast markets.
Candidate Experience and Qualifications
The candidate should have a minimum of 1-3 years of investment analysis experience, preferably with an institutional investment company, brokerage company or related real estate firm.
Candidates for this position should have the following career qualifications:
• A fundamental understanding of the commercial real estate market.
• Experience working on varied transactions including interaction with principals, developers, and brokers. Prior experience with joint venture transactions, including financial waterfall analysis, is a plus.
• Strong hands-on knowledge and abilities in Excel and Argus/Argus Enterprise.
• Strong analytical skills, aptitude, and experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail is a must
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and multi-task effectively.
• Must meet deadlines and work with multiple asset managers.
• Familiarity with multiple real estate markets and experience with performance calculation a plus.
Education: An undergraduate degree in real estate, urban planning, finance or economics is preferred.
This job is no longer active.