The Senior Director, Performance Reporting works closely with the Head of the Corporate Finance Team, the Chief Financial Officer, and the senior leadership team to synthesize and interpret performance of the Company’s investment programs and underlying investments. This position will own historical performance metric calculations for reporting and will assist in delivering actionable, performance-based insights for communicating to and assisting senior management with decision making.
- Manage in the calculation of recurring historical performance measures, including money (IRR) and time-weighted returns, equity multiples, waterfalls and related incentive fees and promotes relied upon by business units and disclosed in both investor reports and financial statement footnote disclosures.
- Manage data streams to benchmark service providers, interpret performance results through the use of attribution methods and analysis and communicate results to senior management and colleagues both orally and in written form, as required.
- Interpret and summarize quarterly NCREIF index releases relied upon for benchmarking purposes and use related querying and analytical tools to glean insights into relative performance.
- Collaborate with IT and accounting personnel to further automate performance calculations through Yardi’s performance-based system. To that end, assist IT and lead automation efforts to assemble, validate and store relevant performance-related data from multiple sources and make them available real-time.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of baseline models that are relied upon by Portfolio Management in performing further sensitivity and scenario ad-hoc analyses.
- Assist in the design, implementation and monitoring of performance-based workflows amongst the Accounting, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Global Investors Group (GIG), and Marketing units to streamline and ensure an efficient quarter-end analysis and reporting process.
- Recommend appropriate disclosures for performance metrics and other calculations in according with SEC guidance and expectations.
- Closely interact with and assist the Portfolio Management and GIG units in responding in a timely and accurate manner to ad-hoc portfolio management and client performance-based requests.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Accounting or related field.
- 10+ years of Performance Measurement or relevant quantitative experience.
- Fundamental understanding of performing recurring performance measure calculations, as well as interpreting and communicating results in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets, business cycles, and monetary policies and their interrelated relationships with the institutional real estate industry and direct and indirect influence on performance.
- Must be willing to work on-site and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or request and receive an authorized exemption).
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job title.
- Ability to work with colleagues to achieve broader organizational goals.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task under recurring time constraints.
- Strategic thinking and ability to influence decision-making.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skill.
- Proficiency in Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.