***This position will be filled at the Santa Monica Corporate, Phoenix Corporate, or Dallas Corporate Office.***
Position Description: The Senior Manager prepares, drafts and negotiates commercial leases and ground leases, purchase and sale agreements, amendments to reciprocal easement agreements, brokerage agreements and ancillary agreements, and reviews LOIs. In order to achieve this they will have extensive contact with in-house Leasing Managers, Property Managers, Construction Managers, Development Managers and other personnel, joint venture partners, title company and lender representatives, as well as with tenants and their brokers, legal counsel and other representatives.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and characteristics necessary for the following:
Work in an atmosphere where a “team approach” is encouraged; who gives attention to detail, is , well organized, including the ability to track and follow through with many outstanding tasks and requests at any given time to completion, and carefully reviews their work to ensure accuracy and consistency; who can work within and maintain necessary information in sophisticated and evolving computer programs, can adapt to changing requirements and systems; who is very comfortable with computers and quickly and easily picks up new programs; who has excellent typing skills; who can work professionally and courteously with several people within the department, prioritizing work; who can work with others outside the department in the office and at locations across the country; who can communicate and interact well with others in a professional manner and who can work well and effectively in sometimes stressful situations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare, draft, and negotiate commercial leases and ground leases, purchase and sale agreements, amendments to reciprocal easement agreements, brokerage agreements, and ancillary agreements and review LOIs.
- Research and summarize rights related to the above-described documents foregoing.
- Review and provide legal analysis of shopping center documents, including leases, operating agreements, and other contracts.
- Manage the flow of all such documentation from inception to execution and distribution.
- Ensure information in Deal Tracking Database / Yardi is updated and accurate per standard procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of experience as a commercial real estate attorney, including new development projects, leasing, and transactional real estate matters.
- Law degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law, preferably in California.
- Must satisfy Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) requirements to maintain active license to practice law.
- Experience in real estate transfer documentation and retail / commercial leasing required.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge in iManage, WorkShard Compare, and Yardi desirable.
- All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, including corresponding core job requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and Company policy.
A Culture of Belonging
At Macerich, we are committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We believe our diversity creates value for our employees, workplaces and town centers, and the communities we serve.
We strive to hire great people from diverse backgrounds, and we are stronger for it. We want our employees to thrive, feel valued and respected, and therefore encourage a culture of learning, acknowledging, and celebrating individual uniqueness. We are proud of our practices and the equal opportunity for employment and advancement we foster across the organization.
In support of our culture of belonging, Macerich welcomes qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and pregnancy-related medical conditions), sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected under federal, state, or local law. Additional information is contained in Macerich’s Anti-Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation Policy, which can be provided to applicants upon request. Macerich also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the application process or your employment, please contact Human Resources.
Join our team of great people!
This job is no longer active.