EYA, the premier residential developer in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area, is seeking a Real Estate Development Manager in Bethesda, MD. In this position, you will be an integral member of our land acquisition and development team, working side-by-side with our executive team to comprehensively project manage complex entitlements for new residential and mixed-use development opportunities to include financial analysis, initial project underwriting, feasibility, product /design development, budget management, stakeholder engagement, and securing municipal approvals. We are looking for a skilled communicator and project manager with a strong sense of personal motivation, initiative and responsibility.
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of an award-winning company focused on innovative and complex urban-infill development. You will comprehensively participate in the development process from start to finish, working with some of the industry s most well-regarded executives.
- Support and fulfill primary project management role in the rezoning and entitlement efforts on assigned pipeline projects.
- Ensure success in initiation, planning, execution and completion of assigned projects against project objectives including management of all project deliverables to fulfill obligations for development entitlement and permitting completion.
- Manage coordination with land use counsels, architects, civil engineers, other consultants and all internal stakeholders including deliverable tracking and meeting planning, preparation and action follow-up.
- Prepare and present financial analysis of projects, including proformas, waterfalls, and sensitivity analysis and actively manage budgets during development phase.
- Track, manage and communicate key risks with focus on the identification, analysis, communication and escalation of key project risks to key stakeholders.
- Assess change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management of project.
- Assist with the underwriting and due diligence for potential projects and prepare investment memos for approval from company management, draft letters of intent and prepare offer packages, conduct contract review and negations, and follow-up on key due diligence activities to ensure timely adherence to terms.
- Assist in presentations before municipal decision-making bodies / other government entities and internal and external stakeholders to include presentation preparation and planning.
- Assist in all the financial, capital and administrative responsibilities for assigned projects to ensure projects are meeting objectives.
- Undergrad business or real estate degree plus 5 years or relevant experience or MBA/MRE plus 1 to 3 years of experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and financial modeling specific to real estate development.
- Excellent research skills and aptitude to understand the dynamics of various locations, submarkets, economic conditions and financial markets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A willingness to work flexible hours and in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.
This job is no longer active.