About the Company:
Founded in 2008, Prime Finance is a fast growing, diversified commercial real estate credit investment platform. It seeks to deliver attractive returns to investors with a range of duration and risk/return options. Prime Finance has reached an inflection point in its growth trajectory which presents an immediate opportunity to accelerate that growth through further expansion of existing and new credit strategies as well as extensive investment in internal processes, systems, and resources.
About the Opportunity:
Prime Finance is looking for a collaborative and motivated Senior Tax Accountant to join its San Francisco headquarters. This individual should possess a tax background and a self-starter mentality. At minimum, three years of experience in a tax role is required, and experience in the real estate and/or fund industry is preferred.
In addition to supporting the Senior Tax Manager, the position will work and collaborate with the greater Tax, Accounting, Legal and Investor Relations functions. The position will work cross-functionally and build relationships with team members from other departments, external advisors, and members of the management team.
- Responsible for sourcing and organizing required data needed to respond to inquiries from investors, internal Prime team members, third party tax preparer(s), and vendors.
- Support the annual tax return compliance workstream by collecting, sorting, filing, and tracking internally and externally sourced data.
- Coordinate with external vendors on deliverables of tax documents, including but not limited to assisting in managing the annual tax return and tax extension filings process, and other tax reporting requirements (e.g., FATCA, CRS, Form 1099s).
- Assist in the quarterly tax estimate process, including REIT liquidity planning, tax estimate distribution statements to investors, quarterly tax distributions and the related estimated payment workstream.
- Review, research, and respond as necessary to various tax notices.
- Complete necessary research, including reviewing historical files and communicating directly with the IRS, FTB, and/or BOE in order to assist with tax questions related to property tax, franchise tax, and/or other indirect taxes.
- Support with cyclical REIT compliance and election maintenance.
- Support Senior Tax Manager on other technical topics including but not limited to: Personal Holding Company risk mitigation, UBTI risk mitigation, CLO risk analysis, and Original Issue Discount accretion and tracking.
- Support Senior Tax Manager in monitoring legislative changes in U.S. and foreign tax laws that may impact company’s tax positions, including tax accounting implications.
- Coordinate closely with Investor Relations, Legal and Accounting teams as needed in order to complete above listed responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or commensurate work experience required
- 3+ years of related tax experience required, preferably in a real estate and/or fund setting
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with a particular focus on MS Excel required
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of our investors’, partners’, and internal affairs
- Flexible and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with appropriate parties
- Experience using Yardi, or other accounting GL and Financial Reporting systems preferred
We look forward to hearing from you!
Prime Finance maintains a drug-free workplace, and employment with the Company is contingent upon the successful completion of all the Company’s lawful pre-employment checks, which include a background check and drug test, consistent with applicable law, and which are conducted following an applicant’s acceptance of the Company’s conditional offer of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, clients, and partners, Prime Finance requires anyone who is offered and accepts a conditional offer of employment to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Anyone unable to be fully vaccinated due to protected medical and religious reasons, or any other type of accommodation as required by law, may submit an accommodation request for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Prime Finance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.