TITLE: Assistant Asset Manager DATE: January 2023
REPORTS TO: Director & Senior Director, Asset Management FLSA: Exempt
Intercontinental Real Estate Corporation is headquartered in Boston, MA and is registered with the SEC as an investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Intercontinental generally serves as the investment manager of real estate funds. In such capacity, Intercontinental provides investment management services relating to the direct or indirect acquisition, ownership, operation, financing and sale of real estate and interests in real estate.
We are seeking an Assistant Asset Manager for an entry level position. Property type focus will be broad including multifamily, office, development, industrial, retail, and other alternative property sectors. Geographic focus is major Western Region markets. We pursue both joint venture and direct investments. Intercontinental Real Estate Corp. is headquartered in Boston, MA and the position will be based in Los Angeles (Sherman Oaks). The Assistant Asset Manager will report to the Western Region Asset Management Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initial review of weekly & monthly property reporting including expense monitoring, variance analysis and collection analysis.
- Oversite of third-party property management, leasing companies, and JV partners.
- Assist with commercial leasing activity and lease administration.
- Assist with due diligence coordination on new acquisitions.
- Administratively support quarterly valuations and provide general insight into property operations.
- Monitor real estate tax abatement and filing process for all properties.
- Preparation of annual budgets and real estate tax and operating expense reconciliations.
- Coordination of lender requests.
- Aid with general office administrative tasks as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- Up to 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical, writing, and verbal skills with the capacity to convey observations into supportable conclusions and recommendations.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial and small, dynamic team environment and proactively take on additional tasks and responsibilities that may arise.
- Travel as needed.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.