Business Title: Financial Analyst, Asset Management
Business Vertical: Asset Management – Office/Hospitality/Multifamily/Industrial
Location: Work from Office: Downtown Atlanta, GA
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Asset Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded by famed architect John Portman in the 1950s, Portman is a privately owned national real estate investment, development and management firm focused on delivering premier quality office, hospitality, residential, industrial, and mixed-use projects prioritizing occupant experience through first class execution. The diversified, full-service company has developed over 72 million square feet of landmark real estate assets and currently has over 27 projects in development throughout eleven markets across the country employing an unequaled pedigree of experience, industry knowledge, and commitment to excellence. Portman has established a successful global network and has a proven track record with the world’s top financial institutions. Teams in the company’s national offices seamlessly connect to develop, finance and manage a diverse portfolio in the key strategic and emerging markets throughout the country. Portman Holdings continues to achieve success through investor, partner, and client relationships that deliver exceptional real estate assets and innovative, experiential places. For more information, visit
This role consists of delivering asset management business objectives for under-development and operating properties, including office, hospitality, multifamily, industrial and mixed-use assets. The Analyst will be responsible for financial modeling and cash flow forecasts, financial and operating performance analysis, preparing lender/owner reports and assisting with developing board presentations. Additional responsibilities include the collection and evaluation of monthly financials with variance analysis to budgets and underwriting.
- Support performance and value maximization of an operating portfolio of office, hospitality, multifamily, industrial and mixed-use assets
- Support Asset Management through financial modeling of assigned assets, including ARGUS models, investment returns, asset budgets, and operating proformas.
- Develop dashboards for project performance and cross-project comparisons.
- Produce and maintain detailed forecasts of income and expenses.
- Track and monitor escrow reimbursement from lenders.
- Create and maintain investment models and cash flow forecasts including debt-service coverage ratio and other loan covenants.
- Attend Owner meetings with Operators and Property Managers with the Asset Manager, documenting key action items and following up on their resolution.
- Create document abstracts for key contracts, leases, operating agreements, loan documents, etc., and ensure compliance with key provisions and deliverables.
- Assist with managing the annual property budget process working with accounting to ensure that the budget and master file data are properly established in the system and that correct reports are generated and communicated.
- Maintain and continuously improve upon the functionality of Portman’s Investment and Asset Management Budget models.
- Follow and control expenditures, including capital project coordination, to ensure assets are performing within budget.
- Provide asset details and support in report creation and standardization, and respond to ad hoc reporting requests of Portman entities, investors, lenders, and joint venture partners.
- Support due diligence efforts and assist in the closing of capital events including dispositions, refinances, and partner buyouts
- Any additional tasks as required in support of the Asset Management and the greater Portman team’s goals to maximize the investment returns of the projects and new developments.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Degree in real estate, engineering, finance, hospitality, or similar fields, preferred
- 2+ years of experience in the asset management of the institutional real estate, with hospitality and office exposure strongly preferred
- Working understanding of key real estate agreements including leases, purchase and sale agreements, management and leasing agreements, partnership agreements, and loan agreements.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of financial modeling and accounting concepts
- Solid understanding of real estate investment returns, waterfalls, and loan mechanics.
- Exceptional analytical skills with careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong working knowledge of ARGUS
- Yardi experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and oversight
- Travel required up to 25% with an overnight stay
Portman is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. Portman is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.