Campus Advantage is an industry leader with global experience in student housing. Campus Advantage provides property management, consulting, acquisitions, and development with the goal of creating successful student housing communities.
The Property Manager is a hands-on position. Big picture, the Property Manager creates remarkable leasing performance, an exceptional resident experience, and takes ownership in improving the community wherever possible. Building and training the on-site team, as well as overseeing the day-to-day operations, revenue management, community, and resident relations are all keys to this position.
As a hybrid community builder, vendor whisperer, fiscal planner, and leasing overseer, the Property Manager's responsibilities include monitoring staff and vendor performance as well as oversight and management of timely payroll reports, service requests, unit inspections, and capital improvement projects. In maintaining the budgets, you'll be a beacon for expense control, low rent delinquency, and properly maintained accounts payable/receivable. A great fit will also enjoy collaborating with the corporate office as we improve processes for resident satisfaction and execute leasing strategies to ensure over 95% occupancy throughout the year. This position reports to the Regional Manager and coordinates directly with a Regional Leasing Specialist.
Who are we looking for? Hint: people who share our values.
- Integrity. Do you want to make your mom proud? We live the Golden Rule, trying always to do the right thing. Do you have the ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple projects while remaining focused on the level of service they deliver, all the while, juggling numerous deadlines? If so, you’ll rock this!
- Intelligence. Experience is important, so let’s get that out of the way: We need someone with 4+ years of experience working in residential rental communities.
- While not required, you get Brownie points for: having a bachelor's degree, property management experience with a proven record of achievements, student housing experience, and/or using property management software.
- If you only have 2 years of experience, but you really think you can do this, sell us on your skills! We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in developing your career in student housing because we believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor, and we strive to stay ahead through innovations.
- Passion. What’s more important than experience is an upbeat, friendly demeanor. A passion for how the work you do impacts those around you! At Campus Advantage, we desire to do our best, and we never, ever give up! Slackers need not apply.
- MOJO. Are you motivated and possess the ability to work independently with little or no supervision? If so, we want to talk to you. We aren’t interested in micromanaging you because, at Campus Advantage, we attract and charm others through our success and outlook on life. We take our work and our communities, but not ourselves, seriously!
What will you be doing every day? As the General Manager, you are the captain of your ship and the list of responsibilities are long. We believe the fundamentals of what you do fall into 5 key areas:
- Lead and Communicate: You must be a communication and leadership ninja! We trust you to build and coach a great team, and communicate with important stakeholders like residents, guarantors, clients, and teammates at the home office.
- Ensure staff are receiving proper training and guidance for success in their positions.
- Oversee all staffing efforts including recruiting, hiring and employment action as necessary.
- Provide excellent leadership and team development.
- Conduct staff meetings and one-on-ones.
- Coach and mentor employees to grow in their positions and within the organization.
- Deliver effective communication to all stakeholders across the board.
- Plan the Work/Work the Plan: To make all of this work, you will manage and develop a budget, a management plan, a marketing plan, analyze and provide accurate financials, taking the lead in preparing and executing our emergency preparedness plan.
- Develop and manage the property budget in coordination with regional manager.
- Customize the property emergency preparedness and response plan, and manage property crises as needed.
- Oversee all aspects of the management plan to ensure proper execution, customization and delivery of results.
- Prepare property financial reports and analysis.
- Sell and Serve: In order to provide amazing experiences to our residents, we have to get them in the door! This includes understanding your market, marketing and leasing, customer service, and residence life.
- Cultivate and maintain a culture of exceptional customer service.
- Working with your Regional Manager and Regional Leasing Specialist, oversee creation and execution of the marketing plan.
- Oversee leasing efforts of the entire team to ensure maximum market reach and achieving leasing goals.
- Ensure prospect follow-up.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of leasing and marketing efforts.
- Oversee the Students First® Experience program to ensure a dynamic living experience for residents.
- Collect Rent/Pay the Bills: This is a multi-million dollar operation. You will be responsible for ensuring the dollars and cents flow. This includes managing accounts payable and receivable, collections and evicting residents.
- Maintain low delinquency and bad debt.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Coordinate with the corporate accounting team and your accountant to ensure accurate reporting.
- Preserve the Asset: Maintaining the physical asset is a fundamental aspect of this role. You will need to kick butt at managing the notorious process student housing calls “turn”, a preventative and on-going maintenance program, managing a capex program, and vendor management.
- Ensure quality grounds, curb appeal and amenity function and cosmetics.
- Oversee capital improvements.
- Ensure prompt and quality maintenance response and levels of service.
- Oversee preventative maintenance plan.
Do we need to say it? Other duties as assigned. You wear many hats. We are looking for team members who take ownership of the entire operation. This is your ship. You are the captain. We place a high level of responsibility on our managers but also provide the resources, backup and tools to ensure you can succeed!
Call to Action!
If you read this far and you want to join us on our mission to lead the world in creating financially successful communities, we want to meet you!
Are you ready to achieve your potential while serving and inspiring others to do the same? Join us in pursuing our purpose: to serve and inspire our employees and residents to achieve their full potential.
Campus Advantage is an Austin-based real estate firm fostering financially prosperous higher education student housing communities through its management, development, acquisition, and consulting services. Since its founding in 2003, Campus Advantage has been creating successful communities that provide rewarding living, learning, and career experiences, and as a result has become one of the fastest growing private student housing companies in the nation. The company’s asset acquisition and management strategies combined with its dedication to residence life and student development has made Campus Advantage the 6th largest student housing owner/operator in the United States. Learn more at www.campusadv.com.
Get to Know Us a Little Better
- Asset Management
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job