Who is Waterton?
We are a privately held real estate investor and property management company with a focus on U.S. multifamily apartments and hospitality properties. Founded in 1995, Waterton executes value add strategies and manages a national portfolio of multifamily and hospitality properties on behalf of institutional investors, family offices and financial institutions. Waterton manages its investments through wholly owned property management subsidiaries.
We are looking for a talented Transaction Manager!
The Transaction Manager is a pivotal player in our growth strategy, serving as the in-house expert and point of contact for clients, brokers, and internal stakeholders to provide information on all real estate transactions. This challenging role will have a high level of visibility and connectedness across our platform.
How you will contribute to our team:
- Acquisition Due Diligence: You will run point and play a key role to ensure that all departments have the information and resources needed to effectively assess and determine the best outcome of deals. Your impeccable communication and organization skills will keep the process moving and keep all key stakeholders informed.
- Finance Activity: You will ensure that financing, related documentation, and compliance requirements are all met with precision in a timely manner.
- Disposition Coordination: You will partner with our Senior Acquisition Officer, Portfolio managers, Operations team and our legal team to execute any disposition. This will include process coordination and obtaining all data needed to execute the final recommendation as well as preparing listing agreements.
- Process Improvement: You’ll use your previous experience to help us document best practices and streamline existing process to integrate all parties involved in acquisitions and dispositions.
- Legal: You will partner with our legal team on due diligence and disposition documentation as well as assisting with closings as requested.
- Overall: You’ll be an excellent teammate who helps create and deliver departmental and organizational goals, including refining and introducing new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
What our ideal candidate looks like:
- You have some credentials. We require a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, real estate or finance, and an advanced degree is a plus!
- You’ve “been there, done that”. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of five (5) years of managing transactional processes for multi-family and/or commercial real estate. Strong financial modeling skills are also part of your background.
- You’re a great communicator. You easily manage relationships and build rapport with others, and you’re a pro at keeping everyone informed and on the same page in a professional manner.
- You excel at details. You constantly analyze the fine print and make sure that your work product is highly accurate.
- You’re a task master. Your project management skills are very strong, and you have the ability to focus on the smallest details while keeping the larger process running effectively to meet and juggle tight deadlines.
- You’re very tech savvy. You’d consider yourself an advanced user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- You like change; you really like change. You can easily adapt as the situation warrants, and you are able to focus on multiple deadlines and change as the demands and fast pace requires.
- You love research. Your strong analytical and investigative skills deliver superior results managing all the details and finer points.
- You get legal details. You have a working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing fair housing, employment law, purchase and sale agreements and other legal documents related to a real estate transaction.
- You don’t mind travel. This position requires some travel, less than 25%, sometimes with shorter than average notice.
How we will recognize and reward you:
At Waterton, we recognize that compensation and benefits are important not only to our associates but to their families as well. We offer a wide variety of rewards to meet everyone’s needs including:
- Competitive compensation and incentive program participation.
- Full suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, 401K, Life, Disability, and even pet insurance.
- Generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedules.
- A commitment to life-long learning through learning plans that include internal and external trainings, as well as consideration for tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts and wellness initiatives, like an onsite gym.
- Volunteer Time Off
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
Does this sound like you? We would love to hear from you - apply today!
Waterton strongly supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Portfolio Management
- Due Diligence
5+ to 7 years