The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager in his/her duties, including, but not limited to, administration, financial control, operations, tenant relations, construction, lease administration, and leasing and marketing of the Property. The management goal is to maintain the Property in accordance with the established standards, while providing quality service expected by Class A building tenants.
- Supervise administrative staff.
- Implement new programs or procedures as established by the Corporate Property Management department.
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance as required from tenants and contractors.
- Assist with implementation of employee customer service program.
- Approve vendor access.
- Prepare work order reports.
- Prepare Memorandums of Lease Commencement.
- Responsible for maintenance of tenant and administrative files.
- Generate Notices of Non-Responsibility, as applicable.
- Financial Control
- Assist with annual budgets, financial reporting, forecasts, re-forecasts, management plans, monthly performance reports, and variance reports.
- Assist with tenant billings, collection of rent and sundry charges. Ensure that overdue receivables are kept below established limits.
- Review and approve all invoices from vendors and contractors.
- Assist with review of operating expense estimates and reconciliations and respond to tenant questions regarding same.
- Assist with review of monthly accruals.
- Assist with annual bid and re-bid proposals for contract services, including generating requests for proposals, bid analysis, and vendor selection to ensure best pricing and service level performance.
- Make recommendations for operating efficiencies of Property.
- Assist management with ensuring that the Property is maintained according to the quality standards approved by Landlord.
- Assist management with oversight of new tenant move-ins, existing tenant relocations and expansions, as well as tenant move-outs.
- Oversee on-site parking accounts.
- Tenant Relations
- Develop and maintain positive tenant relations by creating and sustaining goodwill between Landlord and tenants by providing consistently responsive quality services.
- Resolve tenant issues, problems, and disputes by use of positive strategies to include creative resolution and negotiating skills.
- Organize tenant events.
- Leasing and Marketing
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining vacant space for showing to prospective tenants.
- Coordinate with Leasing department for prospective tenant tours.
- Maintain plot plans of vacant space and ensure that proper leasing signage is displayed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
- One year experience in property management of large-scale commercial office building.
- Five years administrative or professional experience, preferably in a property management office.
- Experience in accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in contract analysis, administration, and operations.
- Skills Required:
- Must work well with others and interact positively with team members and tenants.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and attention to detail a must.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
- Knowledge of Yardi a plus.
- Must have the ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently and achieve the required results.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job