The Property Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Property, including, but not limited to, administration, financial control, operations, tenant relations, construction, lease administration, and leasing and marketing of the Property. The management goal is to maintain the Property in accordance with the established standards, while providing quality service expected by Class A building tenants.
- Supervise on-site management employees to ensure optimum performance. Train and develop staff, provide coaching/counseling, conduct appraisals, and make hiring decisions. Address complaints and resolve problems with the assistance and guidance of the Company's Human Resources or Legal departments when necessary.
- Establish guidelines for the on-site management employees and contract building staff to ensure that the Owner's objectives are understood and implemented pursuant to the annual budget and business plan.
- Establish and follow procedures for processing and controlling work.
- Provide information or other assistance to counsel on legal matters involving the Property.
- Implement new programs or procedures as established by the Corporate Asset/Property Management department.
- Provide lease administration per Policies and Procedures.
- Report and track general liability and property insurance claims for the Property.
- Approve emergency procedures and disaster recovery plans.
- Review and approve Notices of Non-Responsibility, as applicable.
- Financial Control
- Prepare and approve annual budgets, financial reporting, forecasts, re-forecasts, management plans, monthly performance reports, and variance reports.
- Review of tenant billings, collection of rent and sundry charges. Ensure that overdue receivables are kept below established limits.
- Responsible for operating expense estimates and reconciliations and respond to tenant questions regarding same.
- Ensure all invoices from vendors and contractors are coded and processed in a timely manner.
- Review and approve monthly accruals.
- Manage annual bid process for contract services, including generating requests for proposals, bid analysis, and vendor selection to ensure best pricing and service level performance.
- Coordinate implementation of policies and procedures and oversight of security, janitorial, parking engineering and other contract services with Building Management team.
- Responsible for operating efficiencies of Property.
- Ensure that the Property is maintained according to the quality standards approved by Landlord.
- Oversee new tenant move-ins, existing tenant relocations and expansions, as well as tenant move-outs.
- Ensure the maintenance of adequate records and information required by all subordinate functions including, but not limited to, warranties, permits, equipment operating manuals, base building plans, tenant “as-built” plans, etc.
- Tenant Relations
- Responsible for developing and maintaining positive tenant relations by creating and sustaining goodwill between Landlord and tenants by providing consistently responsive quality services.
- Oversee tenant issues, problems, and disputes.
- Approve tenant events.
- Oversee Tenant Improvement and Capital Improvement projects.
- Lease Administration
- Maintain tenant compliance of lease provisions.
- Responsible for ensuring that Landlord fulfills its specific obligations under the lease agreement.
- Negotiate storage space agreements and process documents.
- Leasing and Marketing
- Maintain working knowledge of marketplace.
- Responsible for ensuring vacant space is prepared for showing to prospective tenants.
- Participate in prospective tenant tours, if required.
- Ensure the development and execution of effective marketing activities for the Property.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business, or equivalent preferred.
- Professional designation from BOMA or IREM preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
- Eight years experience in property management of Class A buildings of at least 500,000 square feet.
- Skills Required:
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze monthly and quarterly financial reporting, cost-benefit analysis, budget forecasting and prepare annual budgets.
- Must work well with others and interact positively with team members and tenants.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and attention to detail a must.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
- Knowledge of Yardi and Kardin preferred.
- Must have the ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently and achieve the required results.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.