HPI is seeking a Commercial Property Manager to oversee an industrial portfolio. HPI is a full service real estate company serving Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and the surrounding Central Texas areas. The Commercial Property Manager is an essential role at HPI. In collaboration with assigned team and property accounting department, manage industrial properties in accordance with owner goals, industry best practices and management agreement.
Priority functions / Accountabilities
- Manage commercial industrial properties in accordance with industry best practices and management agreement and in collaboration with direct reports (Assistant Property Manager and building maintenance Tech) and property accounting department.
- Conduct property/tours on a weekly/monthly basis and document accordingly. The buildings require physical walk through and onsite managers should be conducting common area inspections on a daily basis.
- Manage tenant move-ins and move-outs in collaboration with leasing and accounting teams, in addition to Tenant Finish and new construction warranties.
- Responsible for knowing specifications of vendor services, overseeing quality, and ability to fire or hire services for designated property
- Insurance Management: Understand and enforce all certificates of insurance for buildings, tenants, and vendors.
- Develop understanding of ownership, debt structure, owner’s objectives and how it influences budget creation/management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial real estate property management required
- Minimum HS Diploma required, College Degree preferred; or comparable work experience
- Texas Real Estate License Required
- CPM or RPA Designation strongly preferred
- Affiliations with industry organizations (IREM, BOMA) preferred
- Prior experience with MS Office Suite required
- Experience with commercial property management software (example: Yardi)
- Knowledgeable about commercial building maintenance systems
- Able to create and understand financial reporting necessary to comply with management agreement
- Prior team management experience required
- Valid DL, clean driving record, and functional vehicle
- Physical ability to conduct property tours
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years