Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE: ARE), an S&P 500® company, is an urban office REIT uniquely focused on world-class collaborative life science and technology campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle Park. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science and technology campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with legal department personnel, regional business personnel, and outside counsel to manage and conduct the referral, tracking and execution of a high volume of leasing and asset management legal matters, ensuring compliance with all internal control procedures.
- Review, interpret, and maintain various databases and spreadsheets on a rapid and time-sensitive basis to ensure applicable information is included for each legal referral.
- Review lease submission packages for compliance and deliverables, and conduct necessary follow-ups to ensure completion of all matters.
- Coordinate execution of leasing and asset management documents by legal department or other personnel.
- Participate in OFAC compliance, including conducting OFAC and LexisNexus entity checks.
- Maintain and update legal project status chart, including conducting all necessary follow-ups with regional business personnel and outside counsel.
- Maintain and organize general legal email inbox, including filing of emails to appropriate areas, and follow up and delegation of inquiries, requests, questions.
- Participate in general administrative tasks, support to the legal department, and a variety of special projects, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience required, preferably in a real estate or lease administration setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to interact with all levels including, but not limited to senior management, and legal counsel.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work closely with other team members, and interact regularly with a variety of Company personnel and legal counsel.
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Must possess a positive attitude, be proactive, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Sense of urgency, strong time management, and prioritization skills necessary.
- Alternative Investments