Nuveen Real Estate is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with $125 billion of assets under management. Managing a suite of funds and mandates, across both public and private investments, and spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies and investment styles, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing.
With over 80 years of real estate investing experience and more than 500 employees* located across over 20 cities throughout the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific, the platform offers unparalleled geographic reach, which is married with deep sector expertise.
Nuveen Real Estate is seeking an analytically strong individual with minimum 4 years of relevant commercial real estate finance experience who is eager to pursue an opportunity to progress on the Commercial Mortgage Origination team in New York. The right individual must have a strong command of real estate financial analysis, including Excel cash flow modeling, ARGUS software utilization and modeling, and an understanding of capital markets, as well as solid critical thinking and communications skills to be successful.
The position provides an opportunity to work in a high profile, dynamic and creative environment in an institution with a long history of commercial real estate investing. The ideal candidate will have underwriting experience in core and value add investment strategies for both short term, floating and fixed rate loans, and longer term fixed rate permanent loans secured by all real estate product types, including multifamily, retail, industrial, office.
- Support Origination Officers in the origination of mortgages secured by commercial real estate properties; including support during the due-diligence and closing process.
- Perform ARGUS and/or Excel financial analysis and transaction support for debt originations including transitional floating rate debt and fixed rate debt, including senior and subordinated (mezz and B-notes).
- Provide analytic support and loan underwriting to senior commercial mortgage professionals on the structured finance team, including discounted cash flows, financial and credit analyses of properties, locations, markets, borrowers and other due diligence.
- Contribute to key documentation including credit committee memorandum, loan applications, commitments and other associated documents.
- Perform ongoing market and property specific research.
- Assist with the regular input and updating of the commercial mortgage pipeline.
- Participate in industry events to gain industry knowledge, network with industry peers, and increase the team’s presence in the market.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or Economics. Other majors considered depending on experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of directly relevant experience with a real estate related organization.
- Proficient in ARGUS, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master’s degree or CFA.
- 4+ years of directly relevant experience with a real estate related organization.
- Strong financial/quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated team player with positive work ethic and comfort working in a fast paced demanding environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2019 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job