Real Estate company located in Houston, TX is looking to add an experienced General Counsel to the in-house legal team at the local office. Required Experience for the General Counsel position:
- JD degree from an ABA accredited law school required;
- Membership in good standing with the TX state bar; and,
- 10+ years of corporate real estate experience.
- Possesses substantive and procedural law and ability to apply knowledge to legal negotiations and formal litigation in all markets;
- Provides guidance and counsel to management on debt and equity transactions, leasing initiatives, acquisitions, dispositions and due diligence at both the property and company level;
- Oversee and manage the in-house legal department and all legal aspects of the organization, ensuring all contracts, documents or filings undergo legal review;
- Form and revise corporate entities and structures when helping to raise capital for company projects;
- Engage and coordinate with outside legal for certain matters upon request; and,
- Other responsibilities as needed.
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job