Hammes Company comprises a team of accomplished professionals with deep industry and functional expertise. The company assists a full spectrum of healthcare clients by advising, implementing and managing key strategies and solutions that build high-performing organizations. Hammes Company is recognized by leading healthcare providers and industry insiders as one of the most trusted providers of consulting services in the United States. The company currently serves health systems, hospitals, physician groups and payers. Hammes Company is headquartered in Milwaukee, WI. and provides services through a network of regional offices strategically located across the country. For more information, please visit .
The position will work closely with the Director of Property Management on current medical office and commercial office buildings, as well as future new acquisitions and special projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Negotiate contracts with contractors and vendors in a timely and reliable manner.
- Maintain positive, productive relationship with tenants to preserve the highest level of tenant satisfaction.
- Assist asset management on new and renewal tenant leases.
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational strategies for assigned properties.
- Coordinate property operational responsibilities with property management accounting.
- Responsibility for annual budgeting for property operations and capital expenditures.
- Inspect and schedule appropriate maintenance to meet ownership’s expectations.
- Prepare monthly reports including financial statements, operating and leasing metrics and occupancy and lease expiration status.
- Review and follow up on tenant delinquencies as necessary.
- Manage and oversee tenant space build-outs/improvements in order to maintain a high quality of construction and to ensure compliance with construction drawings, including conducting meetings with architects, construction contractors, and tenants.
- Manage performance of contractors and vendors working on the property in order to ensure adherence to work orders and budgets.
- Oversee request for and review of the required certificates of insurance in order to ensure adequate coverage in accordance with the contracts in place for the work being performed.
- Assist the Director of Property Management with due diligence of potential acquisitions including, but not limited to, zero base budgeting, property inspections, review of the property condition reports, and lease review.
- Availability to travel to company owned and pursued medical office properties.
- Conduct property tours and provide documentation in order to assist with a sale or financing or to ensure high visibility for the property.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- CPM or RPA designation preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of property management role including operational, financial and ethical disciplines.
- At least 10 years of professional work experience in commercial property management, preferably in healthcare.
- Well organized with excellent time management skills.
- Customer focused.
- Solid business judgment and ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). Highly proficient in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Proficient with Yardi property management software.
- Property Management
- Due Diligence
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.