Propco Holdings is a vertically integrated real estate company. With ownership of a General Contracting business and brokerage company, from acquisition through development to lease-up/sale all aspects of our projects are done in-house.
Our GC arm, has completed over 10 Million square feet in projects. Our current focus is mostly on ground up construction of Multifamily properties in the Bronx. We currently have over 10 active projects ranging in size from 30 units to 150 units.
We are seeking an experienced Development Project Manager to lead day-to-day execution of the various different pre-construction aspects of these multifamily projects.
The Development Project Manager will have accountability for managing the schedule, soft cost budget, and timeline of the projects. The Project Manager provides leadership through all phases of project execution and serves as the chief liaison between Propco and our strategic partners for design, engineering, surveying and permitting. The Project Manager will have the responsibilities and duties listed below and will work directly for the CEO and Chief Development Officer.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Identify, vet and recommend architects, contractors and consultants; assist in bidding, negotiations, setting performance standards and contract enforcement
- Coordinate and manage the project team; conduct frequent project meetings and track action items
- Oversee and manage the scheduling of work, change orders, RFIs, etc.; review work in progress to ensure compliance with contracts and obligations
- Interface with municipal planning and approval authorities for permitting, inspections and other reviews and approvals
- Review and process sub-contractor payment applications
- Maintain Soft- Cost Budget throughout the pre-development process
- Identify questions, issues and risks to be elevated for executive input or decision
- Prepare internal and external reports on project progress as well as schedules
- Provide construction close-out and warranty support
- Transition completed project to property management
- Other tasks as necessary to support project development
Position Qualifications and skills:
- 3+ years of real estate development project management, with emphasis on ground up construction
- Understanding of construction systems and techniques
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree (MBA/JD) preferred
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills
- Ability to manage and track multiple priorities and schedules to minimize delays and consequences of unexpected events
- Experience to know when to resolve issues independently versus elevating for executive-level decision making
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with project management software and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel as required by the project (all local in NYC)
Compensation and benefits:
Compensation will be commensurate with skills and experience. Employees may be eligible to participate in benefits packages, which include medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid holidays, flex time off, and public transit pass.
Candidates should send a cover letter, available start date, resume and salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.
- Architecture / Design
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.