Description of Role: To work closely with the Director of Debt to complete the responsibilities noted below in an effort to streamline the process, grow the business and to communicate as expected with the clients.
- Originate, structure, underwrite, negotiate and close real estate equity and debt investments (mezzanine, preferred equity investments, bridge loans, whole loans, participating mortgages and construction loans) across all property types.
- Work closely and efficiently with the broader equity underwriting team to determine which loan opportunities are worthy of pursuing and fully underwriting after an initial desk top assessment of the strength of the asset/portfolio, credit, market and the sponsor.
- Apply your strong understanding of target markets, property specific risk and the capital markets for debt and equity to analyze potential loans, risk-reward trade offs and competitive pricing.
- Develop new relationships or bring existing relationships with senior lenders to the firm as a source of mezzanine loan opportunities or buyer of A notes.
- Develop new operating partner relationships as candidates for participating mortgages, preferred equity positions, whole loans or mezzanine positions.
- Develop and maintain new and existing relationships with borrowers, senior lenders, brokers and other market participants.
- Work closely and efficiently with legal counsel to negotiate term sheets, loan agreements, inter-creditor agreement and related legal documentation.
- Assist in developing messaging for client reports, and in responding to client and consultant requests, RFPs, RFIs, DDQs, and due diligence meetings.
- Assist with oversight of financial, impact and investment performance reporting processes as well as day-to-day management of the fund.
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or Masters in real estate or finance preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years direct experience in commercial real estate lending
- Strong knowledge of the broader real estate capital markets.
- Demonstrated experience underwriting both equity and debt as well as structuring all forms of debt and preferred equity spanning all property types across the U.S.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills( Excel and Argus Enterprise)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with colleagues and clients.
- Highly organized and high degree of attention to detail
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Capital Markets
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.