GENERAL SUMMARY: Seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate who will play a key role in the investment management and asset management initiatives for an expanding senior living portfolio. Strong demonstrated experience underwriting stabilized, value-add and opportunistic real estate opportunities using excel is required. Experience with JV structures with operating and equity partners is essential. Experience with complicated debt and equity structures, including structured and waterfall calculations and models.
- Leads technical analysis and underwriting for new senior living investment opportunities. This includes creating complex models with the associated assumptions and return metrics
- Works with senior team to drive transaction from origination to closing
- Directs the asset management of existing senior living assets
- oversees third party operators of existing asset to ensure monthly performance is in line with budgeted expectations
- Interprets financial reporting metrics of the operators and assumes the overall responsibility for complete, timely, and accurate portfolio reporting to equity partners
- Works with senior management to evaluates and recommend capital improvements on asset by asset basis
- Ensures that equity investor partners receive period property-level reporting
- Works with senior management to form strategic acquisition plan for senior living
- Works with senior management to execute underwriting and due diligence activities for new investment opportunities
- Works with senior management to prepare asset level annual business plans and budget plans
- Takes responsibility for the Cash Flow modelling using excel
- Periodically visits the assets and develops an action list and assigns timing and responsible party for execution.
- Improves the quality of policies and procedures
- Develops and promotes teamwork within the MMRS portfolio staff
- Available to work extended hours, including weekends, as necessary to achieve the desired results for the portfolio
Promotes workplace and property safety
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Interfaces regularly with Managing Director, Senior Vice President, Chief Investment Officer and external Operating and Investor Partners.
- Candidate should possess excellent financial analysis, task management, multi-tasking, problem solving, interpersonal, oral presentation, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret financial and operating data into models to produce return metrics. This includes the ability to understand and interpret operating statements, rent rolls, debt and equity cost of capital assumptions to produce complex models with return metrics for all common and preferred equity stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and navigate complex legal documents including PSAs, JV agreements, management agreements, etc.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy and a flexible outlook towards task management.
- Team player with interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and supervisory skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be flexible with work hours.
- Flexible outlook towards task management with ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- High level of professionalism and self-motivation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University/College degree, preferably in economics, real estate or finance
- Minimum 6 years of hands-on real estate investment management and asset management experience
Minimum 2 years experience in senior living analysis
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting: 35% Standing: 30%
Walking: 35% Lifting: Up to 25 lbs
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.