Riverside Capital, a joint venture of Berkadia and The Michaels Organization, is a full-service tax credit investment company offering capital solutions to developers of high-quality affordable housing. The Real Estate Paralegal & Closing Manager will coordinate legal, real estate, and project due diligence requirements for the closing of lower tier (property) and upper tier (fund) investments. The primary role of this position is to coordinate legal, real estate, and project due diligence requirements for complex qualifying Low-Income Housing Tax Credit properties.
The selected candidate will optimize our system for reviewing, organizing and maintaining certificates, resolutions, contracts and various due diligence documents as well as other legal documents. The candidate must effectively communicate with various internal team members, external legal counsel, low-income housing developers, insurance consultants, title companies, surveyors, lenders, and third-party investors.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop policies and procedures for document management
- Formation of entities, EINs and the implementation of corresponding database
- Build and maintain legal database using document management software
- Coordinate receipt and review of due diligence materials among internal and external clients and legal counsel
- Review, analyze, and comment on title, survey, zoning, organizational documents, and other project due diligence to ensure conformance with internal requirements
- Perform research relating to entities, creating and maintaining entities legal status
- Assist in the review of title & survey for lower tier (property) investments
- Assist underwriters in the closing of lower tier transactions
- Assist Fund Management/Investor Relations in the closing of upper tier funds and investments
- Prepare signature page packets and coordinate and procure signatures of various deal participants
- Prepare closing binder for all lower and upper tier closings to present to investors
- Ensure all relevant documentation has been secured for the closing of the transactions including any post-closing items to satisfy audit & regulatory requirements.
Real estate, paralegal or associate level legal experience, or similar industry experience
Experience with closings preferred
Undergraduate degree or equivalent paralegal experience
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of partnerships, limited liability companies, tax credit or partnership syndication, a plus
- Ability to prioritize in dynamic conditions, and meet challenging deadlines, multi-task
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written skills, and be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Understanding of and familiarity with legal documents, real estate due diligence and fund documents
- Knowledge and experience with title and survey review, a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Flexibility for minimal travel and to work extra hours, as needed
- Investor Relations
- Due Diligence
This job is no longer active.