At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
- Break down the components of construction projects, study their scope, and estimate how much the project will cost
- Build accurate cost analyses based on pertinent construction documents like proposals, blueprints, and spec sheets.
- Make estimates where predetermined standards are not available
- Prepare cost analysis by recapitulating materials, labor, equipment, contractors, and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items
- Develop and maintain an information bank on all projects products, vendors, subcontractors, and government requirements
- Analyze data to resolve discrepancies and inform Pre-Construction Manager of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items
- Execute take-offs of construction documents
- Set up reports based on collected data that will monitor developments and guide engineers, architects, vendors, and design and management teams
- Present prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information in compelling presentations
- Maintain a comprehensive cost database by entering and backing up data
- Partner with and learn from BIM experts to efficiently plan and design buildings
- Construction managers could not be happier because all of their projects are completed within budget, thanks to your solid estimating skills and your ability to set them on the right course from the start.
- Your highly accurate predictions are translated so clearly that builders know exactly how to execute their projects, meeting your projections without a hitch.
- Cost reports are easily followed all because of your flawless execution in their setup!
YOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF SUCCESS
- Solid experience of 3-5 years in construction with demonstrated knowledge of construction practices and various stages of estimates, including bid scope analysis
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year college degree in construction management or related field preferred
- Detailed knowledge of purchasing activities, processes, and scheduling
- Ability to interpret construction documents
- Excellent written and verbal skills; high level of math skills and attention to detail
- Skilled with databases, especially in construction management and estimation software
- BIM experience is preferred
THE CORTLAND DIFFERENCE
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job