A minimum of 7 years of prior real estate development experience is required. Applicants should have strong analytical and quantitative skills, with an excellent financial acumen and high proficiency with real estate underwriting and real estate finance concepts. Greystar offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Experience sourcing and successfully executing multifamily development projects is preferred. Deep knowledge of, and expertise within the residential markets throughout Minnesota, Illinois or Ohio is required.
- Develop and perform the financial analyses and entitlement risk underwriting, which forms the basis for site selection and the Company’s spending of pursuit capital and allocation of investment capital.
- Manage the pre-entitlement process by maintaining accurate pursuit cost forecasting and reporting, and implement and execute programs and processes to ensure pro-forma development budgets, underwriting, schedules, quality, and standards are met and completed in accordance with adopted Company policies.
- Supervise development production team members and managers by interviewing, orienting, training and mentoring employees, and managing their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Fully engage and work with the Region’s business lead and discipline team leaders in achieving the Region’s financial and growth goals by participating in team meetings and calls, keeping team members informed about status of new development work, and actively working with the team on new business development, meetings with clients and investors, and other RFPs.
- Participate in routine Investment Committee meetings that focus on proposed development projects by making presentations on said projects, working with and assisting the Managing Director of Finance in project financing, and reviewing and providing progress updates on projects under pursuit, under construction and under lease-up.
- Discuss strategy and provide input to the strategic decisions and direction of the Company’s Development & Construction business, and act as a conduit to Managing
- Director for team member, client, and key stakeholder questions, concerns, and issues related to business, education, or human resources operations.
- Source new development opportunities, through developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including brokers, consultants, land sellers, equity partners, lenders, etc. in the Region to identify feasible, financeable, and profitable new initiatives
- Negotiate or assist in the negotiation of complex legal instruments including contracts, easements, term sheets, loan documents, joint venture agreements, municipal agreements, joint development agreements, etc.
- Manage complex development projects under construction to ensure developments remain on time and on budget; interact with construction team members and third party general contractors to achieve business plan goals on specific assets
- Manage consultant third party consultants to identify, entitle, design, finance, permit, construct, lease, manage and dispose of new development projects.
- Accountable for coordinating work activities, ensuring open communication between consultants and Company project team members, lender’s and equity investors as needed, by researching and communicating ongoing project status.
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job