Perform financial analysis and transaction support for Capital Transactions and Asset Management. Assist senior Capital Transaction staff with market coverage for established markets or for new or small markets and submarkets. Assist Asset Managers with budget review, development of Asset Strategies and coordination of periodic valuations on assigned assets. May also perform transaction-closing responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in analyzing potential investments and perform acquisition due diligence.
- Perform net present value analysis for properties within the portfolio.
- Analyze the impact of lease transactions and capital projects to property value and yield. Perform analysis to support decision-making regarding the profitability and capital structure of properties and funds during the asset’s holding period.
- Review assigned sections of the monthly MAP report to ensure assumptions and forecast are consistent with the investment strategy for the asset within established timeframes, ensuring timely deliverables for property distributions and contributions.
- Update property valuations and investment strategies.
- Develop and produce reporting to investors, lenders, partners, and Shorenstein senior management.
- Complete transition-related tasks including developing budgets, reviewing leases, reviewing offering memorandum, responding to lenders to resolve underwriting questions, reviewing loan documents, and running models to show budget implications.
- Assist in the review of the annual operating budget to confirm consistency with property strategies.
- Working with Property Management, coordinate and oversee the preparation of lender draw requests.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Finance or related field from a four-year college or university.
- General knowledge of commercial and multifamily real estate valuation as evidenced by a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related function.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise financial modeling software program.
- Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modeling techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas, instructions and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively share information to keep others informed both within and outside the department using appropriate communication methods.
- Travel may be required up to 15% of time on the job.
- Asset Management
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Services
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.