Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow, almost 6,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working on a truly collaborative team in a professional environment in a company that encourages a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Payroll and Stock Manager, you will be responsible for timely and accurate submission of payroll and stock plan administration. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, your ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines will be valued as responsibilities include both domestic and international payroll. Your approach as a unique problem solver, alongside a strong knowledge base in industry trends, and an ability to continually iterate processes and procedures to scale with company growth will ensure an overall success. You should have a proven track record of maintaining highly confidential personnel and financial information, high level reconciliations, and come equipped with a solutions-oriented nature along with being a teacher and mentor to your direct report.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- With the help of your direct report, accurately process, audit, and review the semi-monthly domestic payroll for 200+ primarily California based employees through UltiPro on a timely basis
- Process small multi-state payroll for employees in OR and AZ
- Coordinate and reconcile global payroll for U.K. location, growing into other locations as company grows
- Research and work with vendors to establish compliant tax withholding and reporting for new states and countries; work with various government agencies to create new tax withholding and unemployment accounts
- Manage Payroll and HR Specialist and review changes entered/processed for new hires, employee changes, payroll entries, garnishments, employer HSA contributions, and 401(k) match true-up calculations
- Calculate prorated earnings and deductions for new hires, terminations, and leaves of absences
- Review and prepare termination checks and state-mandated notifications for terminating employees
- Maintain payroll operations by reviewing changes for proper implementation and adherence to Company policies including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Reconcile payroll, monitor payroll tax deposits, and review payroll tax returns to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Responsible for final review and coordination of any necessary research/contact with the payroll vendors
- Provide post payroll summary and analysis to Controller
- Review and reconcile PTO accruals; verify accruals are set up and working properly in UltiPro; adjust accruals as necessary
- Prepare annual workers’ compensation estimate and annual audit schedules. Reconcile audit schedules to payroll. Serve as the primary contact for audit.
- Continually explore opportunities for payroll efficiencies
- Assist with setting standards, establishing best procedures, advising on technical issues, and complex problem resolution. Advise on proper taxation of earnings and benefits.
- Provide superior customer service as the primary contact for payroll information and questions
- Review employee verification of employment (VOE) forms
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and provide support for audits
- Review direct reports preparation and reconcile payment for benefit invoices to ensure employee election choices are accurately represented and funded.
- Review check requests and benefit payments prepared by direct report
- Work with vendors to resolve billing issues
- Reconcile Flexible Spending Accounts with Third Party Provider reports while monitoring adequate funding of accounts.
- Responsible for the system administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Ensure proper setup of employee information and ensure valid data transfers to/from UltiPro Time Management (UTM) to Payroll.
- Provide training to new supervisors on UTM functionality and manager responsibilities
- Review, reconcile, and process semi-monthly timesheets in UTM for both exempt and nonexempt employees. Ensure timesheets are submitted and approved by deadlines and that timesheets are completed in compliance with government regulations and Company policy. Work with managers to resolve any discrepancies before submission of payroll.
- Work with UTM support to resolve functionality issues.
Stock Plan Administration
Responsible for processing the Company’s equity programs (primarily restricted stock awards, or RSAs, restricted stock units, or RSUs, and performance share units or PSUs).
- Maintain the company’s stock data and perform routine audits to ensure that all data (grants, vesting of shares, releases, forfeitures, etc.) have been processed timely and correctly
- Responsible for recording/updating employee information, tax rates and limits, and tax preferences in Equity Edge Online (EEO). Responsible for processing new grants, vesting of shares, releases, and forfeitures in EEO. Calculate multistate and global tax proration and taxation on stock vesting for employees per Company policy and regulatory requirements. Calculate shares to be vested and forfeited for employee terminations. Upload approved transactions to E*TRADE and transfer agent.
- Responsible for tracking performance metrics and grants in Equity Edge Online and calculating share and dividend payout. Verify accuracy and completeness of LTIP information. Review and approve quarterly LTIP valuation reports.
- Calculate and process director grants and share vesting; coordinate director stock transactions with General Counsel, directors, brokers, and transfer agent
- Monitor and process tax withholding for RSU vesting and deferrals for retirement-eligible employees
- Update and upload grant agreements; ensure employees accept their grants in E*TRADE
- Provide timely communication of plan documents, resources available, and employee notifications of new stock grants and vesting of shares
- Calculate employee monthly dividends and reconcile with dividends provided by transfer agent
- Perform monthly reconciliation of unvested shares and shares released
- Approve employee stock trading transactions in compliance with the Company’s Security Trading Policy
- Work closely with legal to address any issues or changes to the equity plans and related administration processes
- Participate in projects as a subject matter expert; ensure requirements for system and vendor changes/implementations are properly communicated, tested, and installed
- Respond to various payroll and stock administration-related internal and external inquiries in a timely and professional manner; provide training information to participants
- Support annual audit by preparing equity-related schedules required by auditors
Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Minimum 6-8 years of California payroll experience with at least 4 years experience in a senior role participating or preparing year-end tax processing included
- Typically requires 7 to 9 years of total payroll/human resources/accounting experience
- Two + years of experience with stock plan administration
- Solid understanding of payroll, taxes, equity stock plans, benefits, systems, and processes; UltiPro experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strongly preferred CPP designation, Certified Payroll Professional
- Preferred CEP designation, Certified Equity Professional
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans
- Able to collaborate effectively and build sound professional working relationships with key business partners including in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Tax, Accounts Payable, Out-Sourced service providers and Legal
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Works with integrity and ethically
- Works well in group problem-solving situations
- Responds promptly to customer and employee needs
- Exhibits objectivity & looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Offers help and asks for help when needed
- Proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office
To all recruitment agencies: Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
5+ to 7 years