Fountain Residential Partners, LLC is a privately held Dallas-based multifamily real estate development and asset management company specializing in the student housing asset class. Fountain Residential consists of seasoned real estate professionals that have a combined experience of almost 40 years in the industry. Specializing in student housing since 2000, the principals of Fountain Residential have completed well over $2 Billion in new student housing construction across the country.
Fountain Residential Partners is seeking an experienced Development Manager to join our team
The Development Manager will provide extensive analysis and support to the company, our investors, the developments and construction projects themselves, and the respective 3rd party property management companies hired to manage the assets.
The Development Manager reports to the Principals and is primarily responsible for managing the existing development pursuits and assisting with new ground-up, off-campus student housing opportunities. The Development Manager serves as the primary interface between construction and the company and with external project teams from early deal stages through construction, lease up, and sale.
- Manage design team, property owners, project managers, and other team members
- Manage project design and own drawings to coordinate and lead internal and external plan and document review at all design stages
- Participate in development meetings; report on specifications, contract negotiations, and coordination of construction
- Oversee the construction draw process and develop monthly project reports
- Ensure strict plan compliance and communicate critical issues to the Principals
- Contribute design information for developing property, ensuring that building design codes are compliant with local, state and federal laws
- Conduct periodic construction site visits
- Attend OAC meetings and prepare required reports for ownership
- Conduct market analysis, financial feasibility research and preliminary due diligence
- Interface with property management and leasing staff
- Financial reporting to capital partners
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree or Real Estate Certificate or Coursework preferred
- 5-7 years development experience with experience in wood frame construction and/or multifamily rental product. Specific experience with ground up development preferred
- Experience with permitting/zoning/entitlement process highly desired
- Experience with coordinating multiple consultants and third-party vendors required
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience tracking budget versus proforma, change orders, construction reports, etc.
- Customer service-oriented mindset, with superb communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Site selection, submarket understanding is desirable
- Underwriting and market analysis experience preferred
- Analytically-oriented with deep knowledge of design, architecture, construction and development
This position also requires:
- Flexibility in days and hours worked.
- Willingness to travel
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.