Title: Development Project Manager
Abacus Capital Group LLC – Visit Website
Employment: Full Time
Real Estate Field: Development/Project Management
Location: Denver, CO
Abacus Capital Group (Abacus or the firm) is a New York headquartered market specialist focused solely on the U.S. Multifamily market. Founded in 2004, Abacus serves institutional investors through a series of commingled funds. Those funds target value-add, core and core plus investments. Its portfolio spans the country having invested in all eight NACREIF regions.
Operationally Abacus specializes in market analysis, acquisitions, development and implementing its proprietary business plans. Abacus’s development platform leverages strategic partnerships with local development teams, as well as, utilizes in-house capabilities to operate in a variety of markets. This vertical is currently undergoing a significant expansion with internal focus on bringing this capability to target markets nationwide over the coming years.
Though Abacus is headquartered in New York, we have substantial regional offices in Los Angeles and Denver.
We are currently seeking a Development Project Manager to join the Abacus team based in our Denver, CO office. We are looking for an individual with development experience in the multifamily sector to assist with our ground-up development initiatives in target markets across the US. Candidates with experience in the condominium, student or single-family sectors may also be considered for the role.
The role requires an entrepreneurial spirit, attention to detail, a strong independent work ethic along with demonstrative skills to work on a variety of projects in many locations, with a variety of project teams. The role seeks a candidate with strong problem-solving proficiency and adept people skills. Abacus is a tight knit team, and we strive for a strong work/life balance.
- Work alongside senior management to identify, underwrite and recommend multifamily development opportunities. Experience in Colorado, Texas, New Mexico and Florida a plus.
- Assist with PSA negotiation and coordinate Site Due Diligence activities including title, survey, environmental, geotech, zoning analysis, market study, etc.
- Assemble project design teams including bidding, interviewing and contracting.
- Work with government authorities and city planners through entitlements.
- Prepare presentation materials for both internal and external purposes.
- Coordinate with architect and contractor during design and permitting phases and assist in the development of site plans, floor plans, unit specifications, and amenity spaces.
- Create project schedules, proformas and budgets and report monthly to senior management to ensure that project is on time, on budget, and built to a high standard of quality.
- Hire and oversee third-party managers to implement Abacus’s lease-up strategy.
- Coordinate project specific branding, marketing and advertising activities.
- Review monthly draw requests and work with accounting and lenders to facilitate draw funding.
- Undergraduate degree or MBA with 5+ to 7 years of direct real estate experience seeking a growth opportunity.
- Ability to write clear and concise communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in RealPage, Procore, Microsoft Planner and Teams a plus.
- Ability to run meetings, set agendas and issue meeting minutes.
- The ability to present to a group either internally or before investors.
- Ability and willingness to travel 25%+ of the time.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job