When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Director of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement with Hines, you will be responsible for partnering with Finance, Facilities Management, and Engineering to create and drive category strategies, strategic sourcing, contracting actions, lease analysis, and supplier relationship management for the HQ and NORAM regions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop an end-to-end Category Strategy, mapping out the current landscape and defining an improvement plan for the near, mid and long-term to stimulate interest from and engagement with client.
- Constantly renewing savings pipeline with the next wave of value-adding projects
- Deliver excellence in front-end procurement activities, including market research, demand management, specification development, spend analytics, category strategy development, business case development, negotiation,
- E-Procurement & E-auctions, and stakeholder engagement
- Deliver excellence in back-end procurement activities, including enabling the Business to self-serve Post Contract Management (PCM), KPI & Service Level Agreement (SLA) development and tracking, stakeholder engagement, communications, risk and supplier relationship management (SRM)
- Understanding of supply agreements and contracting best practices
- Ability to work within existing contracts process and make meaningful recommendations and action plans for improvement to reduce risk and streamline process
- Continue to drive Vendor Management with emphasis on standardization, SLA reporting, issue and escalation management, and process improvement
- Work closely with Hines Internal Accounting team to develop robust metrics, methods and systems
- Ensure SLAs, KPIs and Value Add Metrics are what the Business needs
- Track progress against objectives; refine and develop audience-specific updates
- Experience creating standard scope, pricing, and other templates is required
- The position requires deep cross functional teaming ability. The individual must understand and continue to build out best practices, common processes, and metrics/analytics while driving increased service delivery and substantial cost savings
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required, master's degree (MBA or equivalent) preferred
- Eight or more years of procurement/strategic sourcing/contract management experience
- Demonstrated /proven typical skills including but not limited to project management, strategic thinking, influence, negotiating, deriving insights from analytics, team leadership, coaching skills and knowledge required to contribute to a global procurement organization and deliver results.
- Proven expertise with the various sourcing tools, negotiations strategies, analytical methods, and supplier relationship management commonly practiced and used within a world-class Global Procurement organization.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Display a passion for strategic sourcing, supply management, operational procurement, continuous improvement, and innovation
- Desire to improve processes
- Interact with employees, visitors and contractors with poise and diplomacy
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 219 cities in 23 countries. Hines has approximately $124.3 billion of assets under management, including $63.8 billion for which Hines provides fiduciary investment management services, and $60.5 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 148 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,362 properties, totaling over 449 million square feet. The firm's current property and asset management portfolio includes 514 properties, representing over 222 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
- Facilities Management
7+ to 10 years