Mission Capital Advisors (Mission Capital), a subsidiary of Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation (MMCC), is a leading loan sale advisor and due diligence provider. Mission Capital is seeking Director and Vice President level candidates to join their commercial, residential, and C&I loan portfolio sales team. The candidate will work with senior members of Mission Capital and MMCC and will be based in New York, NY. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity. The candidate will have knowledge of the broad bank and non-bank lending market and familiarity with all collateral property types. The candidate should be conversant in all classifications of debt including performing, re-performing, sub-performing, distressed, and charge off and possess relationships with debt capital markets participants/customers, including commercial and investment banks, specialty finance companies, and funds.
- Possess, develop and maintain consultative high-level relationships with decision makers at banks, special servicers, debt funds, hedge funds, CDO/CLO managers, private lenders and other market participants
- Evaluate bank balance sheets, news sources, quarterly earnings presentations, news, call reports, Trepp, CoStar and other publicly available information to develop thoughtful loan sale trading strategies for financial services clients
- Fundamentally understand loan valuation, trading and buy side considerations
- Schedule and attend industry conferences and events
- Develop and promote thought leadership ideas to clients
- With the assistance of the MCA and MMCC analyst and trade support, complete sophisticated new business proposals for potential clients, including both strategy and valuation analysis
- Maintain detailed tracking and reporting of business development initiatives in Salesforce
- Valuation of CRE (discounted cash flow, comparable sale, value PSF approaches)
- Valuation of loans secured by commercial real estate, business assets and other commercial collateral with associated financial modeling and cash flow projections
- Analysis of market data
- Bank / FIG analyst training / prior investment bank sell side analyst coverage experience or
- Mortgage, real estate or structured products analyst training program at financial services or real estate private equity firm (bank, consulting/accounting, REIT, hedge fund) or
- Prior career experience in corporate development, structured products, lending, special servicing, or real estate underwriting / investment analysis at a financial institution
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and database skills with Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong business writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong drive and desire to take on responsibility
- Likes and prioritizes work with a genuine interest in debt capital markets / real estate
Mission Capital is a leading national loan sale advisory, due diligence and capital markets firm providing an integrated platform of secondary market loan portfolio brokerage, valuation, transaction management and data/document curative services for the commercial and residential loan markets. Mission Capital was acquired in 2020 by Marcus & Millichap (NYSE:MMI), a real estate and finance services firm with ~2,000 investment sales and capital markets professionals located in more than 80 offices across the U.S. and Canada. With a market cap of nearly $ and $40B to $50B of closed transactions annually, Marcus & Millichap adds deep capital markets expertise, investment sales, market intelligence, and extensive research to Mission Capital’s resources.
Mission Capital Advisors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This job is no longer active.