FLSA Status: Full Time/Exempt
Location: Portland, OR / San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Senior Director, ESG
The Senior Associate, ESG at the Green Cities Company is responsible for execution of, reporting, and analysis of performance around the Green Cities ESG platform. Reporting to the Senior Director, ESG, the Senior Associate, ESG will manage and analyze ESG-related data (coordinating all reporting and certification utilizing this data) and help drive, monitor, and project manage the execution of ESG strategies throughout the properties in our portfolio.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Execute certification (currently including but not limited to LEED NC, LEED O+M, Fitwel, Salmon Safe, Energy Star) as well as third party ESG reporting (currently including but not limited to GRESB, PRI, B-Corp) for properties and portfolio.
- Manage data collection at the properties to provide support for certification and reporting.
- Internal oversight and management of the Green Cities Index (GCI) Intake Forms and oversight of utility data collection and maintenance.
- Maintain Greenhouse Gas Emissions Plan and annual GHG accounting.
- Coordinate launch, staff training and data monitoring for Real Time Utility monitory system.
- Work with Asset Management to ensure each Green Cities portfolio property is properly set up in the EPA Portfolio Manager and with appropriate local utilities to facilitate needed reporting.
- Support the production of the Annual Impact Report through data collection, analysis, and synthesizing.
- Track property and firm initiatives throughout the year to produce case studies to serve as content for the report.
- Ongoing analysis of ESG performance to identify risks, opportunities, and anomalies throughout the portfolio.
- Coordinate and be responsible for the process of implementing GCI initiatives throughout the portfolio.
- Prepare and maintain trackers for each property’s ESG-related business plan objectives.
- Facilitate regular communication with Asset Management to assess their progress against these objectives, proactively identify issues, and act as internal ESG counsel to the Asset Management team.
- Report quarterly to the Senior Director of ESG on progress for each property and continuously audit for additional initiative opportunities as well as identify potential ESG performance risks.
- Support and participate in annual budget review processes for each property utilizing and analyzing information tracked for each property throughout the year.
- Track property sustainability budgets.
- Contribute to Green Cities’ position as an industry leader in ESG by suggesting, facilitating, and tracking operational policies and tenant programming that maintain /advance certifications and reporting performance.
- Oversee Environmental Management System, tracking measurable outcomes.
- Coordinate ESG workstreams across the firm to ensure integration and executable outcomes.
- Drive programs that further promote responsibility as a core priority for all employees.
- Support the Senior Director of ESG through implementation of programs and initiatives that advance our ESG and DEI&A objectives at the properties and in our firm.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Key Behavioral Competencies
- Initiative - You actively seek out new ways of doing things and bring recommendations to the table. Once you think of, or hear about, a new solution, you vet the solution and measure its potential for success. Once new solutions are adopted, you work to implement them
- Stewardship - You promote sustainability and incorporate the Green Cities Index into your work every day. You take accountability for the role you play in driving successful outcomes within the Firm’s 5 Pillars.
- Collaboration - You actively seek out input and support from other team members and offer your input and support when others seek you out, because you know that our problems are better solved together. You identify and include other essential team members, and routinely update and proactively communicate with all team members. You recognize, and explicitly give credit for, the skills and abilities of those you work with, trusting them to do the same for you.
- Attention to Detail - You approach your work diligently and with a critical eye, and take time to double-check, or have other team members double-check your work. You consistently deliver high-quality work. You manage your schedule appropriately to dedicate the necessary time required to deliver accurate and timely work
- Continuous Communication - You are transparent and clear – verbally and in writing – in service to the team being on the same page. You commit to making the implicit explicit. Even when communication is difficult, you share what you know, see, feel, or experience.
- Experience with coordinating and executing reporting and certification standards of the ESG industry (including some or all of PRI, GRESB, LEED, Fitwel).
- Experience with real estate utility data management.
- Experience in ESG-related planning, initiatives, and/or investment integration preferred.
- Ability to project manage multiple projects simultaneously, coordinating internal and external personnel and data sources while reliably meeting deadlines.
- Basic understanding of financial underwriting, including experience in an analyst role or other position providing strong financial acumen and data analysis.
- Ability to consistently analyze data to uncover anomalies and proactively identify opportunities.
- Proficient in MS Excel for financial analysis. Working knowledge of remainder of MS Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Green Cities Company is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Applicants of all identities and personal backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. Additionally, we know that not everyone receives the same professional or educational opportunities, so if you don’t meet all the above qualifications but still think you would be a good fit, please apply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Green Cities
The Green Cities Company drives innovation in real estate investment management through the confluence of environmental, social and investment value. With this forward-thinking strategy and fully integrated in-house expertise, the firm acquires, manages, and develops office, mixed-use and multi-family assets. Deep experience in select U.S. markets, combined with meaningful attention to ESG considerations, positions The Green Cities Company for enhanced tenant retention and superior operations. This differentiated approach, along with disciplined risk management, encompasses the environmental footprint of an asset, the diversity and inclusivity of its community, and the wellbeing and fulfillment of its occupants and neighbors. Each member of the team is dedicated to a resilient investment portfolio that yields results to the firm’s investors, employees, tenants, and communities. Green Investing, Redefined.
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job