About the Position
Spirit Management Services, a subsidiary of Spirit Investment Partners (“Spirit”), is seeking a highly-motivated property management professional to join its rapidly growing team of entrepreneurial real estate professionals. The position will work directly with senior management in all phases of the company’s property management, construction management, accounting and financing. The property manager will be responsible, under the direction of the Spirit’s Managing Principal – Head of Asset Management, for the overall management of site operations and supervision of maintenance for a portfolio of properties located in the Hoboken and West Village of Manhattan submarkets. There is tremendous room for merit-based growth at Spirit for an individual looking to make a career in the real estate property management world. The position will be located in the Hoboken submarket.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Manage the financial operations of the properties, by ensuring all revenue is collected and process operating expenses within budget guidelines
- Follow-up with all delinquent accounts, pursue collections and process evictions if necessary in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain tenant lease files and related tenant documentation.
- Coordinate the showing of vacant apartments with third party professional leasing company.
- Coordinate all move-in/move-outs, and complete all reporting packages to Property Accountant for permanent filing and disbursement of security deposits.
- Ensure effective and respective response to tenant concerns, be available to tenants, attend management/tenant meetings and tenant organizational meeting and parties.
- Oversee overall maintenance of the property while managing the properties’ Maintenance Technician. Field all resident maintenance requests and service calls by dispatching Maintenance Technician and/or relevant vendors promptly. Property related equipment covered under warranties should be reported to the appropriate maintenance companies and followed up for prompt repairs.
- Conduct property inspections, common area janitorial/housekeeping, and grounds in order to assure adherence to company standards.
- Complete income verification to ensure eligibility with government regulations, and all necessary paperwork on an annual basis and as needed for certification and re-certification.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations such as the Americans Disability Act, the Federal Fair Housing Act, knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Landlord-Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance, fire prevention and liability reduction principles.
- Ability to procure and manage third party service contracts in accordance with management procedures.
- Work closely with Spirit’s Construction Management team to coordinate renovations and unit turnover.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- High school education or equivalent. A Bachelor of Arts or Science from a well-regarded college or university a plus but, not required.
- 1-3 years of multi-family residential management experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic, proactive, well organized and mature.
- Quality interpersonal skills with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must maintain a professional image with residents, vendors, contractors, investors and Spirit principals.
About Spirit Investment Partners
Spirit Investment Partners (“Spirit”) is a fast growing, entrepreneurial real estate investment firm that utilizes our experience, integrity and creativity to achieve superior financial returns for our partners and clients. Founded in 2010, Spirit has since grown into a vertically integrated real estate operating company headquartered in Stamford, CT, with a regional office in Orange County, CA. Spirit Investment Partners focuses on the acquisition of value-added and development opportunities with a current focus on mixed-use and multifamily real estate located throughout the United States. Spirit’s assets under management total approximately $400 million, consisting of 2,600 multifamily units with over $30 million in renovation projects in process.
Spirit offers competitive salaries, benefits package and attractive bonus incentive opportunities. If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a growing, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and dynamic organization where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Spirit Investment Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity.
- Property Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job