Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and accurately and thoroughly complete assigned deliverables under the direction of the Property Manager within established timeframes demonstrating a good understanding of the analysis with consideration for the goals of the asset, as well as market conditions.
- Actively participate in the accurate, complete and timely preparation of the monthly MAP reports; may include thoroughly researching and writing clear and complete variance explanations, e.g. preparing explanations of aged receivables and collections efforts, explanations of capital expenditure variances and project updates, annual financial reforecast, providing clear and concise information on project updates, annual financial reforecast and issues that may affect the overall financial or operational performance of the property and preparing clear and complete narratives addressing other issues that may affect the overall financial or operational performance of the property.
- Manage smaller construction and special projects.
- Coordinate assigned contract bidding, vendor selection and contract negotiation and maintain vendor relationships, e g. janitorial, landscaping, etc.
- Help facilitate the successful operation of the building by completing property inspections, responding to tenant complaints and service requests, and ensuring the property is kept up to code.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a property management or accounting function.
- General knowledge of cash and accrual accounting principles and processes as they apply to budget preparation, financial statement analysis, building account management, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as evidenced by 2-3 years of experience in a related function.
- Experience working in property management and accounting systems, or the aptitude to quickly pick these systems up.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university.
Ideal Experience & Credentials:
- Yardi experience highly desirable.
- Experience assisting with small tenant improvement projects a plus.
Shorenstein is one of the country’s oldest and most respected real estate organizations active nationally in the ownership and management of high-quality office and residential properties. Due to its success over many years and multiple real estate cycles, Shorenstein has established its reputation as a creative and knowledgeable investor. The company is privately owned and is headquartered in San Francisco. The company’s current portfolio totals 21.3 million square feet in 16 markets, with a gross value of $7.1 billion.
Shorenstein is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), status as a protected veteran, disability, genetic information, or any other statuses protected by law.
Shorenstein will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.