Realty Income Corporation, The Monthly Dividend Company®, is one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies. Realty Income is looking for an individual who enjoys working with a team that values integrity, dedication, and professionalism. If working in a highly professional environment that rewards employees and values the balance between work and life resonates with you, please apply today.
We have an opening for a Senior Research Analyst who will provide company management with information for Retail, Industrial, and Other Real Estate asset classes to be used in the acquisitions and portfolio management decision-making process. This position will play a key role in the future success of the Company by providing proactive research and well thought-out and substantiated conclusions in support of investment decisions.
Specifically, the Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for:
Assist / Prepare financial review (Research Report) of prospective tenants.
- The Research Report provides senior management with a report that outlines the financial condition of the prospective tenant which is used by the Investment Committee to review the subject opportunity and determine whether to proceed at a determined lease rate. In this report, the focus is in several areas, specifically:
- Company Overview.
- Corporate financial condition on a historical and present basis,
- Store level P&Ls, if available are analyzed.
- Pro forma projections are performed, specifically sensitivities to assess cash flow, liquidity and debt service coverage changes.
- Analyst Reports are reviewed.
- Industry and competition are discussed (including some industry-specific ratio comparisons, if available.
- Research Reports are then presented to the Investment Committee for approval of a letter of interest or further due diligence.
Perform financial and industry analysis and monitor financial condition of current tenants.
- Daily review and summarization of relevant news publications and press releases to ensure the Research Department, Investment Committee and others within the company are aware of current events that may have an immediate or long term impact on the performance of our portfolio.
- Maintain accurate internal financial records for existing tenants in order to appropriately assess the financial risk of individual tenants.
- Monitoring the financial health of Realty Income’s portfolio by tracking a composite of various metrics and ratios to verify the stability of the portfolio.
- Participate in updating the financial analysis on the top 20 largest tenants (by rental revenue percentage) and compiling other portfolio data for the Executive Management Team in preparation for the quarterly earnings conference calls an industry and Rating Agency meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics.
- MBA Preferred
- 2 + years of experience of analyzing private or public company’s financials.
- Experience writing detailed reports conveying one’s opinion on various companies and industries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to large groups, senior management, and Board of Directors.
- Extensive knowledge of financial statement analysis.
- Strong background in Excel, along with PC skills (Outlook, Word and Power Point).
- Exceptional attention to detail and work with minimal oversight.
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.