Fitch Ratings is adding a credit analyst to support its growing North American Commercial Real Estate Servicer Ratings team.
The successful candidate conducts operational risk assessments for commercial real estate loan servicers in conjunction with CMBS and structured finance ratings. Experience with U.S. commercial real estate lending and loan servicing, CMBS, operational risk assessments, and superior writing skills are key components of success in this role which requires approximately 30% travel within the U.S. and Canada. This role reports directly to the senior director of North American commercial mortgage and will be responsible for a portfolio of approximately 16 commercial mortgage servicers.
- Initiate and maintain operational risk ratings for commercial mortgage loan servicers, including preparing and presenting recommendations to a formal credit committee
- Manage key servicer rating relationships while engaging with senior management at the highest level of commercial loan servicing
- Author press releases, and full rating reports for servicers annually
- Act as secondary analyst supporting peers during rating engagements
- Synthesize portfolio, market, and operational data for meaningful trends
- Contribute to or publish topical market commentary and research reports.
- Represent Fitch at industry events and meetings with senior market participants
- Participate in new issue and surveillance credit committees
- Perform site inspections, cash flow analysis, and presale write ups for new issue CMBS as time permits.
The person who is best fit for this role is:
- Have prior commercial servicing or operational risk experience
- Familiar with US commercial real estate, performing and non-performing loan servicing, securitization, the CMBS market
- Well versed in Fitch’s current research, analysis, and market commentary.
- Demonstrate superior writing and proofreading skills
- Have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Possess BS/BA; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in servicing, securitization, internal audit and/or compliance, structured finance, or related area.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Intermediate or better Microsoft Excel skills
- Well versed in Microsoft tools including Outlook and Word
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest.
Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job