TH Real Estate, an affiliate of Nuveen (the investment management arm of TIAA), is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with $115bn in AUM as of June 2018. Managing a suite of funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing.
Our investment, asset management and corporate strategies grow from a deep understanding of the structural trends that we believe will shape the future of real estate and responsible investing beyond market cycles. This ‘Tomorrow’s World’ approach sits at the core of our investment process and business operations, informing our long-term view of real estate investments for the enduring benefit of both clients and society
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The TH Real Estate team is seeking to add a Senior Associate to support the Loan Closing Team. The successful candidate must be willing to work out of San Francisco, New York, Chicago or Charlotte. This person will work closely with loan originators, borrowers, correspondents and counsel to guide loans through the closing process and ensure all underwriting and closing requirements are met. He / she will also support the Origination Team with loan underwriting functions.
He / she will possess a good working knowledge of key loan documents in order to manage the closing needs of a complex portfolio of commercial real estate loans (i.e. knowledge of documentation associated with transitional and sub-debt loans as well as familiarity with selling A Note positions in senior loans, and collateralized loan obligation (“CLO”) vehicle). This person will be able to identify potential closing issues on the assigned transactions and demonstrate ability to recommend solutions and ensure tight deadlines are met.
· Prepare closing memos and DSCR analysis, verifying compliance with company procedures and prepare modifications.
· Monitor and administer post-closing obligations and loan covenants.
· Review settlement statement to ensure all fees and expenses are accurate and documented
· Oversee construction loan draw packages.
· Review and approve property inspection reports prior to loan closings.
· Work with the Surveillance/Asset Management to ensure smooth transition of the asset after closing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Real Estate. Other majors considered depending upon experience.
- Minimum five years of commercial real estate loan closing experience.
- Good working knowledge of senior and subordinated transitional floating debt and construction loan structures.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Masters Degree or CFA a plus.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated team player with positive work ethic and comfort working in a fast paced, demanding environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Due Diligence
Apply for this job