The role of Paralegal is to perform specifically delegated, substantive legal work for which a lawyer is responsible. This position is the Real Estate Section practice area in the Richmond, VA office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing complex commercial real estate transactions, drafting real estate transaction documents, managing closing timetables/deadlines, reviewing and analyzing real estate title and survey documents.
- Document preparation for large commercial acquisition, development and financing transactions.
- Drafting closing documents and related easements and agreements, zoning opinion letters, leases and other documents.
- Title and survey review and analysis, specifically commercial real estate loans
- Drafting closing documents and tracking transaction documentation
- Preparing closing checklists and timelines
- Perform paralegal duties and responsibilities as directed by group leader and other attorneys in assigned substantive practice group.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and writing skills.
- Receive and follow complex instructions.
- Will be able to juggle multiple assignments in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
- Will possess impeccable attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented with strong organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Possesses strong client relations skills.
- Docket and take appropriate action to monitor and meet deadlines.
- Perform all assignments in strict compliance with ethical guidelines governing the practice of law.
- Demonstrate good teamwork skills within and among practice groups, offices and firm to facilitate efficient delivery of legal services.
- Consistently exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Use initiative and discretion in accomplishing routine assignments with minimum supervision.
- Participate in the training and professional development of other paralegals in routine practice elements.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- Has 5 or more years of experience with commercial real estate transactions, specifically title and survey; Law firm or title company experience preferred; or any combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job