Headquartered in Bellevue, WA we are looking for a bright, friendly, and highly organized Assistant Real Estate Manager to join our Urban Union property in the South Lake Union area of Seattle, WA! The Assistant Real Estate Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the property, tenant relations, building operations, service contracts, and accounts receivable and payable. This position also contributes to the preparation of annual operating budgets, CAM’s, monthly operating reports and review of financial reports.
A successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, tact, and diplomacy. With excellent analytical and decision-making skills and the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, they will be flexible and provide exceptional customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and direct engineers and service vendors in the overall responsiveness of tenant requests.
- Coordinate tenant retention activities including conducting tenant surveys, reviewing results, and recommending action as necessary.
- Coordinate the timely completion of all tenant move-in checklist items and coordinate with the supervisor and general contractor on tenant-improvement work.
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly operations report, annual budget and business plan as directed by the supervisor.
- Maintain historical tax information, current tenant and vendor insurance information and complying with the terms of the management agreement,
- Oversee tenant collections and coordinate actions with accounting; prepare demand letters for signature and ensure late fees are accurately applied. Monitor tenants for signs of default.
- Manage daily building operations, overseeing vendor contracts; coordinate with Building Engineer(s) to assign tasks, and conduct periodic building inspections with Building Engineer(s) to plan and prioritize repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure compliance of preventative maintenance program, maintain operating manuals and implement energy management programs as directed by the supervisor.
- Support the leasing/marketing efforts as directed by the supervisor. Ensure that all vacant spaces and building common areas are prepped for tours with prospective tenants.
- Manage oversight of vendor contracts, including contributing to identification of vendor, scope of work, cost and quality of performance.
- Abstract all new leases and amendments, ensuring that all terms and conditions of the agreement are communicated to the engineering, operations and accounting teams.
- Assist in the preparation of Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations and review for compliance with leases.
- Implement security program and participate in life safety processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business, finance, or real estate management.
- 2 to 3 years of related experience.
- Completion of some Building and Owner Management Association (BOMA) courses and other industry-specific classes would be helpful.
- Real estate license (or willingness to obtain one) required.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts and agreements accurately.
- Ability to use budgeting and financial forecasting tools; basic math skills and the ability to design basic spreadsheets.
- Ability to use basic office machines and computer software, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- A pre-employment drug test and background check required.
ABOUT SCHNITZER WEST:
Put yourself at the forefront of real estate innovation with a career at Schnitzer West. Known for our out-of-the-box, tenant-focused properties, Schnitzer West, LLC, is one of the West Coast’s leading real estate investment, development, and property management companies. Led by a highly entrepreneurial team of managing partners, we are continually rethinking and reinventing the way buildings should work for the people who occupy them. Our unique approach requires rigorous financial discipline and in-depth, tenant-focused research. It demands innovative, forward-looking design and exacting execution with an unrelenting commitment to quality. It results in properties of enduring value that deliver superior returns, even in down markets. Since our inception in 1997, we have developed or acquired and repositioned more than ten million square feet of commercial real estate in the Seattle, Portland and Denver markets. Currently, we have three Class A+ office building under construction and we are redeveloping several other properties. We also manage 4.8 million square feet of office and retail space with five-star service unrivaled in the industry.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are accepted using our online application process only. Please go to to start the online application process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Investment Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years