Firm: Founded by Steven Fifield in 1977, the Fifield Companies is a Chicago-based real estate development firm focused on urban multifamily and office properties. The Fifield team has developed, owned and managed over 80 buildings during its 41-year history in various markets across the United States, inclusive of approximately 8,000 multifamily units with total market value of $2.2b. The firm’s current portfolio includes both apartment development projects and stabilized multifamily properties located primarily in Chicago, Los Angeles and Dallas.
Position: The firm is currently seeking a Senior Analyst to work in the Chicago office to assist in the analysis, underwriting and execution of new multi-family development and multi-family value-add acquisitions. Responsibilities include:
- Perform cash flow modeling and produce financial proformas;
- Complete valuation analysis of investments and properties;
- Evaluate financial and/or operating statements;
- Produce investment memorandums, transaction summaries;
- Gather and analyze market data, comparable property information and demographics;
- Gather, review and organize due diligence material;
- Assist in the management of real estate development projects;
- Assist in the asset management of completed multifamily properties;
- Assist in the acquisition and disposition process of real estate assets;
- Other tasks and/or projects as needed.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have a foundational understanding of commercial real estate development and investment, especially in regards to multi-family apartments, with exceptional analytic ability, strong communication skills and attention to detail. Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experienced user of MS Excel and proficient in financial modeling;
- Understands capital structures (senior debt, mezzanine, JV equity, etc.) and return metrics (yield on cost, IRR, NPV, discounted cash flow, investment multiple, etc.) common to real estate investments;
- Familiar with typical due diligence and acquisition requirements for multifamily assets;
- Excellent writer and verbal communicator;
- Ability to work independently and to manage ambiguity and complexity;
- Excels in fast-paced, deadline-driven and collaborative environment.
Contact: Please submit resumes to email@example.com. The Fifield Companies offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications plus benefits including medical, dental, 401k and paid time off. Candidate should be prepared to submit salary requirements and references, if requested.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job