Bellwether Asset Management, Inc. (“BWAM”) is a privately held firm located in Los Angeles, CA, specializing in commercial real estate asset management services. BWAM is engaged on an exclusive basis by Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. (“Oaktree”) as a consultant to assist Oaktree with active, hands-on asset management across its real estate portfolio. Through collaboration with Oaktree’s investment teams and operating partners, BWAM assists in the monitoring and analysis of investments representing more than $7 billion of invested equity across a wide range of real estate-related assets in the United States, Europe and Asia, including direct property investments, corporate investments, residential land and residential and commercial loan pools.
BWAM’s platform helps provide Oaktree with greater efficiency and functionality through the following areas:
- Asset-level analytics: BWAM provides quantitative and qualitative investment- and portfolio-level performance reports by consolidating and analyzing monthly operating reports produced by Oaktree’s operating partners to track and monitor performance against initial underwriting.
- Active Asset Management Support: The BWAM team works closely with Oaktree’s acquisition and asset management teams to help monitor all strategic and joint-venture operating partners on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities include weekly leasing calls, monthly operations reviews, annual budget and business plan reviews and financial analysis.
- Investment- and Fund-level Reforecasting: BWAM is responsible for creating proprietary investment-level valuation models for the entire Oaktree real estate portfolio to enhance Oaktree’s ability to reforecast investment-and fund-level performance on a routine basis.
Bellwether Asset Management, Inc. is seeking individuals to contribute to a team overseeing a portfolio of commercial real estate investments by developing and maintaining complex cash flow models and evaluating monthly financial packages. The Associate will support the team in our El Segundo office.
- Assist in the proactive monitoring and management of a portfolio of debt and equity investments across all property types (office, industrial, hotel, retail, & residential);
- Review and analyze business plans, leasing activity and monthly property operating performance;
- Liaison with operating partners and leading members of the Oaktree acquisition and asset management teams to review business plan execution;
- Develop and maintain detailed asset-level cash flow reforecasting models;
- Guide financial analysts in the maintenance of detailed asset and portfolio reporting models to monitor the performance of investments at the asset level.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of asset management experience, including development and analysis of real estate-based financial models;
- A bachelor's degree is required;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and ARGUS;
- Property underwriting and advanced financial modeling;
- Ability to communicate ideas written and verbally;
- Attention to detail with superior organizational skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and understand new concepts quickly;
- Desire to work as part of a small, highly entrepreneurial team.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job