MLG Capital: MLG Capital was founded on the principle of maximizing client and partner wealth through meticulously executed real estate investment strategies. We take pride in looking at every consideration before selecting properties that will give our investment partnerships the greatest return. MLG Capital offers real estate investment services, on a national scale, to accredited individual or institutional investors.
MLG Capital functions as a series of private equity funds and co-investment vehicles that are formed to acquire, directly or indirectly, a geographically diverse portfolio of commercial real estate. Investments consist of commercial multifamily properties, industrial, retail, office, and some "other" opportunistic opportunities located in strategically identified areas throughout the United States.
Since the inception of MLG Capital in 1987, we’ve had active, exited, or pending investments of approximately 14.5 million square feet of total square footage space across the United States, inclusive of approximately 11,000 apartment units, with exited and estimated current value exceeding $1.3 billion*
Position Description: Under the direction of the Vice President of Private Equity, the Assistant Vice President-Private Equity will give an individual the opportunity to establish and generate new commercial real estate acquisition firm relationships within a region, or multiple MSA’s, in the United States. The primary focus of this individual will be to entertain investment opportunities via private equity joint venture partnerships or commercial real estate opportunities. Due to the relatively small size of the MLG Capital team this role will have significant exposure to the Key Principals and CEO.
This position will be impactful in the overall success of MLG Capital’s mission of establishing joint venture equity relationships with other real estate firms across the country. The individual will have heavy experience in commercial real estate brokerage, sales, investment analysis, acquisitions, and/or a financial services background relating to real estate or specialized finance.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in real estate investment management, brokerage, for specialized financial analysis sales
• Strong financial, mathematical and financial analysis skills. Investment banking, real estate private equity or institutional real estate background a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work on a team, as well as independently, while driving multiple priorities and applying good judgment along with strong sense of self-motivation and direction; the ability to seek out projects
• Smart, energetic, team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
• Able to work effectively with MLG Capital employees and other professionals
• Demonstrate broad knowledge base and "big picture" strategic thinking
• Demonstrate self-confidence with senior management
• Demonstrate mature conduct in high pressure and sensitive situations
• Strong interest in a private equity real estate investment career
Technical/ Educational Requirements
• Excellent financial and real estate modeling skills, including deep knowledge of Excel and related products
• Excellent analytical skills with extensive experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint ,Word, Argus, and standard commercial real estate resources (Co-Star, etc)
• Deep knowledge of all computer software normally used in a business environment, including all products within the Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with salesforce or other CRM software a plus
• Bachelor degree required; MBA or other relevant Advanced Degree a plus
Generate Investment Recommendations
• Create, maintain and engage relationships with potential real estate operator partners.
• Evaluate, with support of analyst team, real estate investment opportunities of potential real estate operator partners.
• Actively present investment recommendation to Investment Committee for approval, with support of analyst team
Internal support for Business Development initiatives
• Mentor and collaborate with Business Development and support team members
• Help participate in internal capital market updates
• Assist in the completion of strategic area plans. Participate on business plan and delivery of plan to Board of Directors presentations, with Vice President of Private Equity.
• Assist with the compilation of industry and competitive research, including assessment of market terms and conditions
• Researching investor information and preparing investor packages
• Perform due diligence on potential investment properties in the following asset classes multifamily, industrial, retail and office.
• Canvas real estate markets in which MLG is active for potential investment properties.
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate office machinery; including but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, and mobile phone. Ability to travel via automobile or airplane (overnight) to real estate locations.
Working Conditions: Open office workstation environment, moderate to quiet noise levels.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, a "reasonable accommodation" will be made for an individual with a known physical or mental limitation unless it would require an action of significant difficult causing undue hardship.
This document covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
* as of 3/5/2018. Value is consistent of disposing of assets as well as the current internal valuation of currently held assets as of 12/31/2017. Values may not have been reviewed by an independent 3rd party and may be internal projections.
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.