Colony NorthStar, Inc. (Colony NorthStar, NYSE: CLNS) is a global, diversified equity REIT with an embedded investment management platform with approximately $43 billion in assets under management; operating in 18 offices with 500+ employees worldwide, CLNS is the 6th largest independent global real estate manager in the world.
Throughout the US, CLNS owns and manages more than 40 million square feet of real estate in the light industrial space ("Colony Industrial"); Colony Industrial is predominant in 17 major markets and is seeking an Associate Property Manager for our brand new office in Phoenix, AZ! The incumbent will report into the Senior Property Manager and help to oversee a portfolio of 27 multi-tenant NNN lease buildings which are primarily comprised of 10% office space and 90% local/regional distribution warehouse space. You can learn more about Colony Industrial .
- Understand and carry out all policies in dealing with properties, ownership, and tenants.
- Respond regarding all actions that involve or influence properties managed in an appropriate manner.
- Remain accountable to the CLNS Investor, the governing agencies and state.
- Create innovative management plans with operating budgets that describe the anticipated operation of properties each year.
- Prepare schedules for major and long term physical improvements including preventive maintenance.
- Prepare plans and provide for implementation of special administrative projects.
- Organize the operation of properties to produce expected results.
- Help establish performance goals for Assistant Property Manager(s) and other supervisory personnel so that each job is directed and defined toward the objectives of senior management.
- Provide support and guidance to 3rd party vendors.
- Keep Asset Managers advised of significant operational problems and deviations from the plans for properties in a timely manner.
- Oversee collection of income and the management of expenses including tenant receivables and site reports so as to produce the maximum economic benefit for properties.
- Inspect properties including interior/ exterior of buildings, building systems and rentable space.
- Construction Supervision and Management – organize job walks, write contract specifications, obtain required number of bids per job, ensure competitive price received timely completion of capital work, timely turnover of tenant unit, ensure information is properly entered and tracked through Yardi.
- Supervise, control, and implement fire and life safety systems, preventative maintenance systems, environmental management systems and energy management programs, as appropriate.
- Understand and insure compliance with all governing regulations, codes, and laws as well as other state and local authorities.
- Cooperate with municipal and community agencies.
- Maintain good tenant relations by prompt and complete response to tenant problems.
- Prepare reports and respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
- Prepare initial and follow-up correspondence on all matters relating to properties managed.
- Maintain records in a timely and organized manner.
- Attend and pass advanced educational courses and seminars as well as participate in local professional related activities.
- Minimum of 5 years as part of a Property Management team in an Assistant Property Manager or Property Manager role
- Prior experience managing industrial properties required
- Must be proficient with Yardi
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the greater Phoenix area
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.