Urstadt Biddle Properties, a successful NYSE-listed REIT founded in 1969, which owns and manages over 80 properties (primarily grocery-anchored shopping centers) comprising 5.5 million square feet in the New York City suburbs, is seeking to expand its property management department by adding an Assistant Vice President of Asset Management.
Who we are looking for:
You are a self-motivated, energetic, proactive individual with significant retail or mixed-use property management or asset management experience and strong financial aptitude, and you will be comfortable acting as the management department’s primary asset manager. You will work closely with the head of the management department and the director of operations to help us continue to grow and efficiently manage our properties.
Your duties will include the following:
- Work with the management and finance departments to create detailed annual individual property operating and capital budgets, which requires understanding the source of every line item expense.
- Monitor quarterly each property’s performance and analyze and address anomalies.
- Think creatively about measures to run our properties more efficiently.
- Consider how to generate additional property revenue.
- Work with the department head and others to identify and implement energy-saving solutions.
- Work with the director of operations to negotiate service contracts to obtain value.
- Assist our acquisitions and dispositions team as needed to analyze potential acquisitions and dispositions and work with our property managers to prepare assets for sale.
- Work with our utility administrators to ensure maximum billing efficiency (i.e., to ensure that our tenants are being correctly billed and that we are not incorrectly absorbing costs).
- Visit our properties with our property managers to perform quality control and talk with tenants.
- Assist generally with tenant and municipal relations.
- Construction expertise is not required – those skills exist elsewhere in the management department.
- No overnight travel; our properties are all within 90 minutes’ driving distance from our HQ.
Your desired skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or other related field.
- 7+ years property management experience preferably focused on shopping centers or mixed-use properties.
- Experience in financial modeling, comfortable with Microsoft Excel with and understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI, cash flow, CAM and real estate tax allocations.
- Familiarity with Yardi property management software a plus.
- Comfortable reading and understanding economic clauses of commercial leases.
- Strong research skills and aptitude.
- Proven ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Proven ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Proactive, goal-oriented, problem solver, with pride of work.
- Positive team player who can work with and mentor people ranging from financial staff to field personnel and vendors.
What we offer:
- Full-time employment; competitive salary commensurate with experience; eligible for bonus and restricted stock grants; benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) with a partial company match, paid vacation days and other benefits
Please submit via e-mail to Mary Murray (Mmurray) your resumé, salary requirements and a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position.
*Direct applicants only; unsolicited submissions by recruiters will not be accepted
**Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Facilities Management
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.