IEC is a vertically-integrated real estate private equity firm specializing in value-add, multifamily in the Bay Area and greater Los Angeles markets. We focus on adding value through opportunistic investing, strategic repositioning and asset management. IEC has acquired and sold 100 apartment communities since inception and transacted on $1.5b in assets since 2002. Founded in 1981, our firm has an exceptional 37-year track record of risk-adjusted returns. IEC is raising its fourth institutional fund and seeks team members with institutional standards, yet an entrepreneurial spirit, to participate in its next growth phase.
The Asset Management Analyst will support Asset Management in overseeing a multifamily investment portfolio and report to the Senior Asset Manager. Responsibilities include analyzing operational data and financials, tracking and monitoring asset performance against the business plan, and preparing asset management reports for investors. This role is responsible for maintaining excellent working relationships with IEC team members, partners, and clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support Sr. Asset Manager on portfolio of multifamily properties through data collection, financial analysis, competitive analysis, research analysis and annual business plan and budget preparation
- Analyze, propose and implement strategic operational initiatives including training policies, ancillary income opportunities, marketing improvements, cost savings, strategic partnerships and community improvement ideas to boost NOI and improve asset value
- Prepare and distribute KPI dashboard to AM/PM teams indicating operational priorities
- Prepare financial variance analyses working with Regional and Property Managers
- Prepare renewal increase proposals for senior management approvals in accordance with business plans
- Maintain familiarity with preferred vendor list to assess awarding of repositioning jobs
- Compile renovation timing and budget data to include in interior and exterior renovation trackers.
- Analyze market data to assess submarket performance and operating benchmarks
- Prepare performance data to be included in quarterly asset management reporting for investors
- Work closely with Regional Managers to address Yardi data issues, establishing benchmarks, guidelines and policies to reinforce the business plan
- Prepare the annual operational and capital expenditure budgets for portfolio assets, in accordance with the acquisition business plans
- Evaluate and pursue operating efficiencies, including utilities, vendor contracts and management initiatives
- Participate in deal due diligence
- Troubleshoot execution challenges such as leasing issues, unit downtime, vendor engagement, etc.
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Real Estate, Economics or related field
- 1-2 years of finance work experience preferably in real estate with exposure to multifamily
- Passionate about operations, efficiency and achieving goals
- Demonstrated teamwork skills. Ability to work with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Independent and resourceful, working autonomously but able to ask for support when needed
- Project management skills
- Analytical skills and financial acumen. The successful candidate must be well-versed in financial calculations/metrics
- A high sense of urgency
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- Ability to travel to Southern California ~1x per month
- Experience using Yardi Voyager, Rent Café, and Investment Management software
- Knowledge of California markets
Compensation: Salary range $60k-$70k DOE plus performance bonus
IEC offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Company paid healthcare premiums at 100%, specifically for the employee, with options to buy up
- Paid Time Of
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.