COMPANY: A premier lender, affiliated with Goldman Sachs, Genesis Capital is one of the largest private-money lenders in the US. We focus on providing responsive, flexible and reliable personal service to highly qualified and experienced real estate developers who buy, renovate, and sell single family residential real estate and/or multi-family apartment buildings.
SUMMARY: We are looking for a Fund Control Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will provide accounting and administrative support to the Construction and Development Team. The incumbent will be an integral part of the construction draw and lien release function of the loan process. In this role, you will experience a very high volume of transactions within fast-paced environment. The ability to work harmoniously within a tight team environment, while maintaining a positive attitude is essential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide administrative support to the Construction & Development Department
- Review and verify accuracy of construction draw requests and supporting documentation (borrower’s invoices/billing documents/labor and material releases)
- Assist with gathering and vetting the necessary construction related borrower documentation and information
- Review and verify lien releases for accuracy
- Update and keep track of expenses related to each project per the associated construction budget
- Review and tally all invoices for each project to ensure expenses are on track according to the budget
- Review cost ledgers and conduct cost analysis on inspection reports
- Respond and coordinate with the borrower to ensure that they are kept updated on the status of their project and processing of their construction draws
- Maintain and keep track of all baseline inspections, re-inspections and funding inspections to ensure that they have been scheduled; done accurately; and once completed, forwarded to the appropriate department
- Respond to customers and borrower requests and/concerns and provide solutions to any problems or issues
- Create reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years of construction administrative/accounting experience, working in real estate or construction and development industry
- Some knowledge of property valuation
- Detail oriented and strong financial acumen
- Accounting experience a plus
- Experience with construction draw and lien release process
- Understanding of G702 & G703 Applications
- Proficient in in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with exceptional follow-through abilities
- Understanding of construction budgets
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong business acumen
- Projects an encouraging and positive attitude and works well within a supportive team environment
- Takes initiative with a clear business purpose in mind
- Adapts to change easily in a fast-paced work environment
- Follows direction easily
- Problem solver
- Strong time management skills
- Team Player
Great opportunity for career oriented person that enjoys working in a fast paced/dynamic environment. Salary DOE plus bonus and benefits.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.