About the Position
Spirit Investment Partners is seeking a real estate intern to be a part of its commercial real estate services and investment team based in its Orange County, California offices located in San Clemente. The Real Estate Intern will play a dynamic role, working directly with Spirit’s principals in all phases of its real estate operations including acquisitions, asset management, property management and dispositions. The primary responsibilities include providing support to the company’s asset management team through real estate financial analysis, due diligence, property operations, accounting and investment reporting. Spirit’s real estate internship program provides hands-on work experience for undergraduate students. It is a highly selective and rigorous program that offers the individual both breadth and depth of real estate and finance experience.
Spirit’s internship program also allows for the flexibility of recent graduates to interview for full time positions in the real estate and finance industry while working as an intern. The flexibility of interviewing coupled with the experience gained on the job allows interns to find permanent placement either within Spirit or at other companies within the real estate and finance industries. Spirit’s intern program may lead to positions with real estate companies, major banks, private equity funds, conduit lenders, brokerage firms, and other prestigious service providers.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Develop and maintain financial reporting using Excel that include structured finance for the asset management of Spirit’s current portfolio of operating assets.
- Track asset performance by reviewing properties financials, performing analysis, researching markets, managing transactions, and creating business plans for joint ventures.
- Assist in asset management activities including all aspects of financing, leasing, construction management and disposition decisions.
- Assist with investment reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for each asset by working in conjunction with accounting and third parties to ensure reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Learn property level accounting including G/L coding of invoices, vendor and utility payments and reviewing financial reports.
- Work directly with management to prepare financial reporting, annual budgets and year-end reconciliations.
About Spirit Investment Partners
Spirit Investment Partners (“Spirit”) is a fast growing, entrepreneurial real estate investment firm that utilizes our experience, integrity and creativity to achieve superior financial returns for our partners and clients. Founded in 2010, Spirit has since grown into a vertically integrated real estate operating company headquartered in Stamford, CT, with a regional office in Orange County, CA. Spirit Investment Partners focuses on the acquisition of value-added and development opportunities with a current focus on mixed-use and multifamily real estate located throughout the United States. Spirit’s assets under management total approximately $400 million, consisting of 2,600 multifamily units with over $30 million in renovation projects in process.
Wages can vary depending on previous experience and education.
If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a growing, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and dynamic organization where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Spirit Investment Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity.
- Asset Management
Less than 1 year
This job is no longer active.