Signal Hill Petroleum, Inc. is a private owned California based energy company. It specializes in the responsible and sustainable exploration and development of oil and gas in urban areas. Our company is committed to developing sustainable real estate projects and improving communities. Our development projects have resulted in concentrated efforts of renewal of oil-impacted land acquisitions and turned them into vibrant residential, retail and green spaces.
Position: Land Technician
- Prepare, maintain and process land related electronic and hard copy files
- Scan, organize and file land documents
- Input and maintain data using APN spreadsheet
- Input data into Laserfiche land software
- Review title information and check for accuracy and input in land system
- Assist in resolving escrow, transfer and title issues as needed
- Analyze legal documents to assure that all have been properly executed and notarized
- Facilitate the acquisition of land through the escrow process by opening escrow, maintaining files, communicating with agent, and ensuring documents are accurately executed
- Perform project specific workflow tasks
- Mail-out prepared documents
- Maintain corporate records and vendor contracts
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed to meet objective of the job
- Observe and participate in safe operating practices
- Follow daily procedures & protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Position is like a paralegal
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal communications
- Conduct yourself with the highest degree of professional integrity, ethics and appearance
- PC proficient and ability to thrive in a fast-pace setting
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry or Escrow as one of the following: Land Technician, Paralegal, Document Specialist, Landman, Title Officer, Escrow Assistant
- Knowledge and understanding of California land documents, deeds, ownership reports, overall land process and procedures
- Experience and proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)1-3 years of data entry and file management experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Company offers competitive salary, health benefits, vacation, and 401(k) plan.
Apply Now through Select Leaders
Applicants chosen for the interview process will be contacted by our HR department or Land Manager.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, and disability, and genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.