Sterling Organization is a vertically integrated private equity real estate firm that has an established track record of providing exceptional risk-adjusted returns to its partners, in both relative and absolute terms. The company is currently focused on investing in value-add retail real estate assets and stabilized/core grocery-anchored shopping centers in major markets across the United States on behalf of Sterling’s principals in partnership with the highest quality institutional investors. Sterling Organization is headquartered in Palm Beach, FL.
Our culture of high-energy entrepreneurs encourages collaboration with senior management and trust through transparency. Through our integrity, intelligence and hard work we strive to exceed the expectations of our investors. To learn more about the company visit www.sterlingorganization.com
The Vice President, Fund & Asset Management Analysis will be responsible for leading all analysis needs of Sterling’s funds and owned real estate portfolio assets. He/she will work closely with Sterling’s MD, Fund & Asset Management in developing portfolio strategies, establishing and monitoring fund and property metrics, overseeing ad-hoc and ongoing property and fund projections, and increasing the efficiency and success of our national operations and asset management team.
This role will interact with many different departments on a consistent basis including the Leasing, Construction & Development, Finance, and Property Management teams. This person is expected to be a self-starter and will often need to work with limited supervision to achieve objectives. The Vice President, Fund & Asset Management Analysis will be the go-to person for all financial analysis for Sterling’s real estate funds and portfolio assets.
This role will require exceptional communication and organizational skills as well as proven high quality analytical capability. The Vice President, Fund & Asset Management Analysis will be based in Sterling’s headquarters in Palm Beach, FL, will report to the MD, Fund & Asset Management and will be an essential contributor to the Company’s ability to effectively analyze and operate its existing properties, and maximize value for its partners.
- Prepare all fund and existing property cash flow projections on a semi-annual basis along with proposed distributions and/or capital calls on a project and fund level basis.
- Create project dashboards for redevelopment and value add initiatives and monitor real-time performance including budgeted vs. actual ROI.
- Oversee and prepare all analytics and projections for the company’s annual fund meetings.
- Create, implement, and maintain various tracking criteria related to property operations and performance across all vertical departments.
- Assist in performing a wide range of analyses including: refinancing analyses, valuations, sell/hold analyses, leasing NPV/NER, and other ad hoc analyses to improve operational efficiencies and value creation.
- Prepare all materials and analysis for internal quarterly asset management meetings.
- Work closely with the Construction & Development, Leasing, Finance and Property Management teams in developing cash flow projection assumptions.
- Maintain current ARGUS cash flow models for existing portfolio assets.
- Maintain schedule of critical dates for the asset management team.
Bachelor’s Degree (degree in finance, business or engineering preferred).
5+ years of experience in complex financial modeling/underwriting with a preference for private equity and fund management experience.
Several years of commercial real estate experience with a comprehensive understanding of the retail asset class, shopping center lease provisions and tenant reimbursement methodologies.
Skills & Abilities
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including use of advanced Excel functions) and Argus Enterprise.
- Relentless drive for accuracy, timeliness and results with an ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Highly organized, with systematic approach to directing changing priorities.
- Ability to create, review, dissect and analyze highly complex financial models and succinctly communicate model results, assumptions and key risks/value drivers to senior leadership.
- Capable of conducting highly quantitative analysis and problem solving.
- Unwavering attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate work product with little-to-no supervision.
- Willingness to work long hours when required to meet acquisition/internal deadlines.
- This position may include occasional travel.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
5+ to 7 years